Our Southwest Education Center (SWEC) is a full-service facility, with modern classrooms, science labs, computer labs, study rooms, cyber cafe lounge, vending machines and Accuplacer testing (placement tests). It is located close to I-80 and offers plenty of free parking. You can take transfer and career courses and we offer student support services such as financial aid assistance and academic planning.
Open House Week
Stop by Open House Week June 5 - 9 at the Southwest Education Center in Tinley Park, where you can win door prizes, learn about programs and services, get financial aid details, tour the site and find out how to get started. SWEC is located at 17900 S. 94th Ave. in Tinley Park. You can sign up via the form below. The open house dates and times are as follows:
- Monday, June 5, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 6, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 7, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Thursday, June 8, 8:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Friday, June 9, 8:30 a.m. – 11 a.m.
RSVp for the Tinley Park Open House
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: 8 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Wednesday and Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: CLOSED
The Southwest Education Center closes early when classes aren't in session. Call (708) 974-5400 to confirm building hours.
17900 S. 94th Ave.
Tinley Park, 60487
Phone: (708) 974-5400
The Tinley Park On-Demand Pace Bus Service has been suspended as of 12/14/20 until the availability of funding and return of commuter demand allows for a re-evaluation and possible reinstatement of service.
The Southwest Education Center in Tinley Park is Moraine Valley's first LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certified building with many sustainable features.
SWEC's “green” features include:
- Energy-saving geothermal system, which extracts power from heat stored in the earth to make heating and cooling more environmentally friendly and will reduce overall energy consumption
- Water-efficient landscaping, vegetative bio-swales and porous paving materials to lessen water waste
- Daylighting, sun harvesting and lighting controls to reduce the need for artificial lighting
To learn more about the building’s sustainability features, check out our informational flyer.
Please call (708) 974-5400 to schedule an appointment to test. Visit the Testing Center for more details on placement testing.
Testing Center Policies
• A current Moraine Valley photo ID is required to test.
• No food, drinks, or personal items are allowed in the testing center. (Lockers are available for student use.)
• All electronic devices must be turned off. Scratch paper and SWEC-issued calculators may be used if indicated by the instructor.
Questions? Please call (708) 974-5400.
State of Illinois High School Diploma/Adult Basic Education instructors help students prepare for the State of Illinois High School Diploma, formerly known as High School Equivalency Certificate test. Completing the State of Illinois High School Diploma test allows students to achieve personal fulfillment, continue their education, and advance in the workforce.
The English as a Second Language (ESL) program is designed to help individuals speak, read, and write the English Language. We have programs for beginners, intermediate, and advanced speakers.
The State of Illinois High School Diploma and ESL classes are free and offered at the Southwest Education Center in Tinley Park.
Click here for more information on State of Illinois High School Diploma and ESL registration and testing.
Moraine Valley student IDs can be obtained on site at SWEC. A photo ID is required (driver’s license, high school ID, passport, etc.).
For more information, contact us via this form or by phone at (708) 974-5400.