Moraine Valley is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. This accreditation is an indication of high quality educational standards and operations. Being accredited means Moraine Valley meets the commission’s criteria relative to the college’s mission; integrity/ethical and responsible conduct; teaching and learning—quality, resources and support; evaluation and improvement; and resources, planning and institutional effectiveness. Prospective students should seek accredited schools to ensure they are receiving a high quality education.
Moraine Valley is following the HLC’s Open Pathway as it maintains its accreditation.
In addition to the institution’s accreditation, the college maintains accreditation for individual academic degree and/or certificate programs. These include:
- Addiction Studies – Accredited by the Illinois Certification Board/ Illinois Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Professional Certification Association
- Automotive Technology – Accredited by the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation
- Basic Nursing Assistant Training – Approved by the Illinois Department of Public Health
- Coding Specialist – Accredited by the American Health Information Management Association
- Culinary Arts – Accredited by American Culinary Federation Education Foundation
- Emergency Medical Services – Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- Fire Science Management/Operations – Approved by the Office of the Illinois State Fire Marshal
- Health Information Technology – Accredited by the Medical Assisting Education Review Board, Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
- Medical Assistant – Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- Nursing – Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc.
- Phlebotomy Program – Approved by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- Radiologic Technology – Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology
- Respiratory Therapy – Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care
- Sleep Technology – Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- Therapeutic Massage – Accredited by the Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation