Dual Enrollment allows you to earn college credit with permission from your high school guidance counselor to travel to Moraine Valley Community College’s main campus in Palos Hills, the Southwest Education Center in Tinley Park or the Education Center at Blue Island during part of your regular high school day to take college courses.
Dual Enrollment students are considered college students, which allows them to earn college credit that can fulfill many general education and career course requirements toward their college degree.
Dual Enrollment students shorten their time to complete a degree by getting a jump-start on college while attending high school. Students can apply courses to a transfer or career degree, will have access to Moraine Valley campus resources and be able to join the Health, Fitness and Recreation Center as a Part-time student.
Requirements and Enrollment Process
Dual Enrollment is only for high school students age 16 and older. Students must obtain permission from their high school guidance counselor by filling out a Dual Enrollment High School Authorization Form.
High school students must complete placement testing and/or have appropriate ACT scores for courses that require a prerequisite. Once enrolled, Dual Enrollment students are Moraine Valley students; therefore; abide by college policies and procedures and must maintain a minimum 2.0 G.P.A. Dual Enrollment students who fall below the required minimum 2.0 G.P.A. will be limited to their ability to receive financial aid once they enter college full time and will be placed on Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). SAP is required to receive full financial aid.
All dual enrollment students should expect courses to be academically rigorous and content is not altered to accommodate high school students. If you meet all the requirements, please select the appropriate campus for the specific enrollment process.
1. Complete admissions application. This step will create a Moraine Valley username and ID number that you need to access the MVConnect student portal for tuition class, payment schedule and much more.
2. Visit your high school counselor about eligibility and course selection, and complete the Dual Enrollment High School Authorization Form.
3. Complete placement testing or submit appropriate ACT scores to the Student Success Center (Building G, Room G250) using the form provided. (Submit to the student success specialist at the Southwest Education Center if you will attend our Tinley Park campus). Register for the placement test using MVConnect or at the Registration Office in Building S, Room S103. Students can pay the $25 test fee using MVConnect or at Cashier’s Office in Building S, Room S105.
4. Submit Dual Enrollment High School Authorization Form at the Registration Office in Building S, Room S103 (or at the Southwest Education Center) for Dual Enrollment course registration.
5. Pay for classes. Down payment of 25 percent or 33 percent may be required at the time of registration. Students can pay in person at the Cashier’s Office in Building S, Room S103 or online through MVConnect.
6. Get a photo ID at the Information Desk in Building S, near Room S101.
7. Purchase textbooks (if needed) at the Bookstore in Building D, Room D144. Consider the book rental program.
8. Attend class!