Dual Enrollment allows you to earn college credit with permission from your high school guidance counselor to travel to Moraine Valley Community College’s main campus in Palos Hills, the Southwest Education Center in Tinley Park or the Education Center at Blue Island during part of your regular high school day, after school, online or even on weekends during the fall, spring and summer semesters at Moraine Valley’s main campus, Education Center in Blue Island or the Southwest Education Center in Tinley Park.
Dual Enrollment students are considered college students, which allows them to earn college credit that can fulfill many general education and career course requirements toward their college degree.
Meet with an advisor to get help choosing the right classes, to make sure you’re on track for completing your degree or certificate program, ensuring your classes transfer to the college of your choice or to explore your career options. Academic Advising Center is located in Building S, Room S201.
Questions? Contact Academic Advising at (708) 974-5721 or email@example.com. You can also chat with an advisor online.
Dual Enrollment Requirements
- Dual Enrollment is only for high school students age 16 and older.
- Students must obtain permission from their high school counselor by filling out a Dual Enrollment High School Authorization Form.
- High School students must complete placement testing and/or have appropriate ACT/SAT scores for courses that require a prerequisite.
- Dual Enrollment students are Moraine Valley students; therefore, abide by college policies and procedures.
- Must maintain a minimum 2.0 G.P.A. Dual Enrollment students who fall below the required minimum 2.0 will be limited to their ability to receive financial aid once they enter college full time and will be placed on Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). SAP is required to receive full financial aid.
- Courses are academically rigorous and content is not altered to accommodate high school students.
Students who score a 480 or above on the Evidence-Based Reading and Writing portion of the SAT test are exempt from the Reading and Writing portion of the placement test. Students who score a 520 or above on the SAT math test are exempt from the mathematics portion of the placement test.
An ACT score of 20 or above in English, reading and/or mathematics may be used in place of some or all of the placement tests. Students who score a 20 or above in English and reading are exempt from the English/reading placement test. Students who score a 20 or above in mathematics are exempt from the mathematics placement test.
To receive an placement exemption, students should bring a copy of their SAT and/or ACT score report to the Student Success Center located in Building G, Room 250.
1. Complete admissions application. This step will create a Moraine Valley username and ID number that you need to access the MVConnect student portal for tuition class, payment schedule and much more.
2. Visit your high school counselor about eligibility and course selection, and complete the Dual Enrollment High School Authorization Form.
3. If applicable to course registration, complete placement testing or submit appropriate ACT/SAT scores to the Student Success Center (Building G, Room G250) using the form provided. (Submit to the student success specialist at the extension sites if you plan to attend off-campus). Register for the placement test using MVConnect or at the Registration Office in Building S, Room S103. Students can pay the $25 test fee using MVConnect or at Cashier’s Office in Building S, Room S105.
4. Submit Dual Enrollment High School Authorization Form at the Registration Office in Building S, Room S103 (or extension sites) for Dual Enrollment course registration.
5. Pay for classes. Down payment of 25 percent (fall/spring) or 33 percent (summer) may be required at the time of registration. Students can pay in person at the Cashier’s Office in Building S, Room S103 or online through MVConnect.
6. Get a photo ID at the Information Desk in Building S, near Room S101.
7. Purchase textbooks (if needed) at the Bookstore in Building D, Room D144. Consider the book rental program.
8. Attend class!
Want to know more? Email us at Earlycollege@morainevalley.edu
Alexandria Terrazas, Assistant Dean, Student Success Programs
Phone: (708) 974-5643
Anita King, Program Assistant, Student Success Programs
Phone: (708) 608-4011