Good news, FitRec members! With the state of Illinois moving to Phase 4 on June 26, FitRec has already started preparations to re-open its doors for its membership starting on Monday, July 6. Listed below are some changes in operation and policies that have been made to help provide a safer environment for our members and abide by the guidelines put forth by the state of Illinois for our type of facility. Please familiarize yourself with these new operations and policies BEFORE returning to FitRec. Also, please keep in mind that future changes may be made as we continue to adjust to returning to operation. Thank you for your patience during our closure and know that all of us at FitRec appreciate and value your membership!
FitRec Re-opening Information for Members:
This information applies to the initial re-opening of FitRec. All of the adjustments are intended to be temporary. FitRec will routinely assess temporary adjustments and determine if/when modifications can be updated. We ask that members do their part to follow these adjusted policies as well as continue to check their e-mail or our website and social media channels for future updates. For more specific questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Temporary Adjusted Hours of Operation beginning July 6, 2020 (hours are temporary and subject to change)
- Monday-Friday: 5:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Sunday: 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Monday-Friday: 5:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Sunday: 9 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Weight Room: Capacity adjusted to 25; no registration required initially but subject to change.
- Fitness Floor: Some machines may be unavailable, no registration required.
- Pool: Lap swim only; registration required – members may reserve up to 1 hour per day.
- Members will be able to reserve lane lines through the member online portal and FitRec Account App (blue & white app) starting at 12:00 pm on Sunday, July 5.
- Additional information about the reservation process will be released leading up to the July 6 re-opening date.
- Whirlpool: Closed until further notice; reopening date TBD.
- Steam rooms: Closed until further notice; reopening date TBD.
- Studios: Closed until further notice for informal member use (programs only).
- Courts: Closed until further notice for open use; no basketball, volleyball, etc… (FitRec program space only)
- Tropical Smoothie: Closed until further notice; reopening date TBD.
- Equipment Check-out: Limited equipment check-out will be available initially. Members are required to bring their own towel and water bottle.
- KidRec Services: Drop-off services are closed until further notice; enrollment fees will not be billed at this time.
- Summer Camp: Summer camp will begin Monday, July 6. Please e-mail email@example.com for more information.
- Locker rooms: Available to all members for changing and storing items only; members are encouraged to come prepared to work out and to shower at home following their workout.
- Showers: Available in Family Changing Rooms for pool users only.
- Vending Machines: Unavailable until further notice.
- Group Fitness Classes: Will begin at FitRec on Monday, July 13. Class locations may be adjusted and some classes may require registration. More information will be provided the week of July 6.
- Personal Training: One-on-one training will be available starting Monday, July 6. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Swim Lessons: Private Swim lessons will resume Monday, July 6. Email email@example.com for more information.
- Other Programs: FitRec will be assessing Fall program options and provide more information on all other programs at a later date.
- Any members not feeling well or experiencing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 must stay home. Do not come to the facility at least 10 days following any signs/symptoms.
- Members must bring a face mask in and wear at all times. Masks will be for sale in the Pro Shop if forgotten. Members may remove face mask occasionally when at least 10 feet away from others or if unable to wear for medical reasons.
- Members must disinfect benches, equipment, and touch points using Gym Wipes after each use.
- Spotting/buddy workouts will not be allowed.
- No loitering in common areas. Members are encouraged to use the facility as efficiently as possible to minimize potential exposure.
- Members must follow all one-way/way-finding signage located throughout the facility.
- No guests will be allowed, but memberships will be available immediately.
To view our entire Patron Code of Conduct or to print a copy of these new temporary policies, please click HERE
Billing for memberships will resume the first week of July, but will NOT be at the full monthly rate. All members are owed 14 days from March 17 – 31 and billing will not include July 1-5. Monthly members should expect a charge of approximately 38% of their typical monthly bill. In addition to this reduction, FitRec will also apply a 10% membership reduction for all memberships in July and August. This is a courtesy due to the reduction in hours, programs, and services. We anticipate normal full billing to resume in September.
Members may continue to freeze their membership, but must submit a freeze form (in person or online) prior to July 1 in order to freeze for July.
Temporary Membership Services Desk hours starting Monday, July 6, 2020:
- Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Friday: 9 am-5 pm
- Saturday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed