Attention members, FitRec continues to make adjustments to its operations and services. Please see below for new adjustments that will take effect starting Monday, October 19, including new hours of operations and the return of KidRec services, small towel service and aqua classes. All changes are listed in red below. Thank you for your cooperation as FitRec continues to adjust its operations.
After re-opening the doors back on July 6, FitRec has continued to make adjustments to its operations to bring us closer to its normal operations. Listed below are some recent changes in operation and policies that FitRec will put in effect starting Monday, October 19. Please familiarize yourself with these new operating hours, services and policies. Also, please keep in mind that future changes will likely be made as we continue to adjust to returning to normal operations so please check this page regularly for updates. Thank you for your patience and know that all of us at FitRec appreciate and value your membership!
FitRec Re-opening Information for Members:
The information is the latest adjustments and temporary policy changes made since the re-opening of FitRec on July 6, 2020. All of the adjustments below are intended to be temporary. FitRec routinely assesses these adjustments to determine if/when modifications can be updated. We ask that members do their part to follow these adjusted policies as well as continue to check their e-mail or our website and social media channels regularly for future updates. For more specific questions, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
Adjusted Hours of Operation beginning October 19, 2020 (hours are temporary and subject to change)
- Monday-Friday: 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday: 6 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Sunday: 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Monday-Friday: 5:45 a.m.-8:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 6:15 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Sunday: 8:15 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Weight Room: Limited capacity; no registration required initially but subject to change.
- Fitness Floor: Some machines may be unavailable, no registration required.
- Pool: Lap swim only; registration required – members may reserve up to 1 hour per day. Face masks are required on the pool deck only, not in the water.
- Members are able to reserve lane lines through the member online portal and FitRec Account App (blue & white app) within a three-day span starting at 12:00 pm on the earliest allowable date.
- Effective Thursday, Oct. 1, FitRec will begin tracking lane reservations and recording “no-shows” on a daily basis. If a member does not report for a scheduled lane reservation, then it will be marked as a “no-show.” After two “no-shows” the member will have their reservation privileges suspended for a full week. If a member records more than five “no-shows,” they will have their reservation privileges suspended permanently. If you need to cancel your lane reservation, please call us at 708-608-4000 or use our FitRec Account app or online portal at least 12 hours in advance. If you fail to cancel your reservation using one of these methods, your reservation will be marked as a “no-show.” When using the app to cancel, select your reservation from the Calendar section on the My reservations page and hit the Cancel button at the bottom of the screen. When you come into the facility for a lane reservation, please check in at the Welcome Desk and let the attendant checking you in know that you are checking in for a lane reservation. You will still need to check in with the Lifeguard on Duty as well before using your lane.
- Reservations for pool lanes do not guarantee a specific lane. FitRec staff reserves the right to assign lanes based on the safety and wellbeing of our members.
- Whirlpool: Closed until further notice; reopening date TBD.
- Steam rooms: Closed until further notice; reopening date TBD.
- Studios: Closed until further notice for informal member use, programs and classes use only.
- Courts: Members are able to make reservations for Court 1 starting Tuesday, July 21. Below are the details for reserving a court on Court 1:
- Available Gym Court 1 reservation times are:
– Monday – Friday; 6:00 am – 9:00 pm
– Saturday; 6:30 am – 4:00 pm
– Sunday; 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
- Members can make reservations via phone (708-608-4000), Online Portal, FitRec Account App (blue & white app) and drop-in (if available).
- Reservations cannot be made more than three days in advance and start at 12:00 pm on the earliest allowable date.
- 30-minute and 60-minute time slots only; no back-to-back reservations or multiple same-day reservations.
- Max 2 people per 1/2 court, unless the members are from the same household.
- No active playing of basketball games, shooting baskets only.
- The reservation time slot can be used for badminton or volleyball; the volleyball net cannot be setup due to limited court availability.
- Basketballs and other equipment are available for check out.
- Member must check-in at the Welcome Desk upon arrival.
- Face coverings/mask must be worn when entering the gym court.
- All other Gym Court policies must be followed at all times.
- Available Gym Court 1 reservation times are:
- Tropical Smoothie: Tropical Smoothie Café is currently closed. It plans to re-open when FitRec and the Moraine Valley campus returns to its normal operating schedule. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Equipment Check-out: Equipment check-out will be available. Members are required to bring their own large towel and water bottle.
- Towel Service: Beginning October 19, FitRec will continue to ask members to bring in their own large towels for showering and pool use. However, small hand towels will return to the fitness floor as an option for members.
- Lost and Found Service: Effective immediately, Lost and Found items that are deemed as low value or items that FitRec will not donate (i.e. water bottles, clothing, etc…) will be tracked for the day on the Daily Log, but be disposed of at the end of each day in the trash. All high-valued items (i.e. wallets, cell phones, watches, etc…) will be given to the Campus Police right away and tracked on the Daily Log for retrieval by owner.
- KidRec Services: KidRec will resume operations under limited hours starting Monday, October 19. Some adjustments will also be made to ensure safety for all users. These adjustments are listed below:
- Reservations will be required using the FitRec Account app, online portal or by calling 708-608-4000.
- The adjusted KidRec hours will be Monday-Wednesday 8 am-12 pm and 5-8 pm; Thursday-Saturday 8 am-12 pm, closed on Sundays
- Adjusted capacity, 12 children per reservation
- Masks required for all children ages 3+
- Temperature and symptom check at drop-off
- New cleaning procedures
- For members who had the KidRec add-on service for their children, your monthly add-on will be automatically reactivated. If you would like to cancel, please respond to Angela Caringella at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our membership services office at 708-608-4000. Since FitRec closed in March due to COVID, FitRec waived all KidRec fees until October 31. Those without the add-on before closure can pay the $5 drop-off fee per visit. In September due to an error in our billing system, members were inadvertently charged the KidRec add-on fee. There was a choice either to have that be applied as a credit in a later month or to receive a refund. For the month of November, KidRec will apply the September fee as a credit. Those who received a refund for the incorrect billing in September will be charged November 1. KidRec billing will resume December 1 unless you choose to opt out.
- Registration is required to use KidRec childcare drop-off services. Members may reserve up to 2 hours per day for KidRec reservations up to 7 days in advance. Members will be able to reserve through the member online portal and FitRec Account App (blue & white app). If the KidRec “class” is full, there is a waitlist that members will be added to. FitRec staff will contact those on the waitlist if a spot opens up. Reservations are made in 2-hour time blocks and the child can be dropped off/picked up at any time during the KidRec “class.” Through the online portal, the KidRec schedule can be found under the Group Fitness/KidRec category. On the FitRec Account app, you can book under Classes. This can also be done in person or over the phone through KidRec or Membership Services desk. Reservations must be made. If you walk in without booking ahead of time, KidRec may be at capacity and not accepting any more drop offs or the space may be closed if no reservations were booked.
- If a member makes a reservation and does not come in, it will be considered a “no show”. Members who commit multiple “no shows” may have their reservation privileges suspended or subject to additional fees.
- Locker rooms: Available to all members for changing and storing items only; members are encouraged to come prepared to work out and to shower at home following their workout.
- Showers: As of Monday, July 13, 2020, showers will be available for public use in the locker rooms.
- Vending Machines: Limited availability.
- Group Fitness Classes: Starting the week of October 19, aqua classes will return to the group fitness schedule. Masks are required on the pool deck only, not in the water for aqua classes. Check out our Fall 2 schedule, which runs through December 20, 2020. Class locations may be adjusted and classes may require registration.
- Personal Training: One-on-one training will be available starting Monday, July 6. Please e-mail email@example.com for more information.
- Swim Lessons: Private Swim lessons will resume Monday, July 6. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Face masks are required on the pool deck only, not in the water.
- Cyclone Memberships: Since Cyclone members do not have their usual 8-11 pm hours due to the adjusted facility hours since re-opening, FitRec will now allow Cyclone members to use the facility ALL DAY Friday (starting August 28) as well as Saturdays and Sundays. Cyclone members still need to use the facility between 8-11 am Mondays through Thursdays, but have ALL DAY access Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- Other Programs: FitRec will host its 7th annual Halloween 5K on Saturday, Oct. 31. Check out our Halloween 5K page to register or for more information.
- Any members not feeling well or experiencing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 must stay home. Do not come to the facility at least 10 days following any signs/symptoms.
- Members must bring a face mask in and wear it at all times (Pool and showers are the only exceptions). Masks are required on the pool deck only, not in the water. Masks will be for sale in the Pro Shop if forgotten. Members may lower face mask occasionally when at least 10 feet away from others, but should not be removed fully for any reason.
- Face shields are not allowed in the facility and do not represent an acceptable face covering.
- Members must disinfect benches, equipment, and touch points using Gym Wipes after each use.
- Spotting/buddy workouts will not be allowed.
- No loitering in common areas. Members are encouraged to use the facility as efficiently as possible to minimize potential exposure.
- No guests will be allowed, but memberships will be available immediately.
To view our entire Patron Code of Conduct or to print a copy of these new temporary policies, please click HERE
Billing for memberships resumed the first week of July. All members are owed 14 days from March 17 – 31 and billing did not include July 1-5. Monthly members should expect a charge of approximately 38% of their typical monthly bill. In addition to this reduction, FitRec will also applied a 10% membership reduction for all memberships in July and August. This was a courtesy due to the reduction in hours, programs and services. We resumed full billing September 2020.
Members may continue to freeze their membership, but must submit a freeze form (in person or online) prior to 5 days before the end of the month to avoid next month’s billing charges.
Temporary Membership Services Desk hours:
- Monday-Friday: 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sunday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.