Attention members, FitRec continues to make adjustments to its operations and services. Please see below for adjustments that took effect recently. All recent/upcoming changes are listed in red below. Thank you for your cooperation as FitRec continues to adjust its operations.
Beginning January 3, 2022, Cook County is mandating all fitness and recreation facility users age 5 and up, be vaccinated in order to enter.
Due to an amendment to the Cook County mandate on proof of vaccination, all Group and Private Swim Lesson participants as well as KidRec participants are EXEMPT from the mandate and may continue to use FitRec for those specific activities.
Members are strongly encouraged to utilize the SmartTMHealth Card via the Illinois Vax Verify System. This will allow members to create their own “pass” even without a copy of their vaccination card. It’s likely that this pass will also be allowed at other venues requiring vaccination within Cook County. Please click the link above and register today!
Children and members without smartphones will be required to provide proof of vaccination reviewed by FitRec staff. This will require you to show a copy of your vaccine card (or a picture of your card) for FitRec to review. Once approved, this will be noted on the member’s account and will pop up as a message each time the member checks in.
All Moraine Valley Community College students, faculty, and staff are required to be vaccinated in order to utilize FitRec at this time. Moraine Valley Community College students and staff will continue using Cleared4 as they have been, but are also encouraged to register with the SmartTMHealth Card as well.
For information on freezing your membership, please click HERE
Freeze forms will be accepted until January 2, 2022, to account for this new mandate. All members will be allowed to freeze their accounts based on this mandate. The typical maximum freeze allowed each calendar year (which starts again on January 1) is 6 months.
Remember, members can unfreeze their membership early at any time without an additional cost.
Lastly, we understand there are questions and concerns. Please check this link for additional FAQ’s directly from Cook County Public Health or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as we are able.
Thank you for your cooperation and support as we implement this new mandate into our operations!
Beginning Monday, September 20, 2021, Moraine Valley Community College will require self-screening for all visitors to its campus, including all FitRec members and guests. Please note, this is only a self-screening and will NOT include vaccine or testing verification. We strongly encourage you to visit the following link: www.morainevalley.edu/visitor prior to coming to FitRec, so you can fill out the brief screening survey in advance. By doing so, you will get a purple access pass on your smartphone or tablet to show upon entry.
FitRec knows you may have some questions, so please read the following list of FAQ’s below. If you still have a question, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 708-608-4000.
1.) Will I have to do this each time I enter?
Yes, it will be required each time, but once you have the link on your phone it’s very easy and quick to fill out prior to entry.
2.) Do I need to be vaccinated or have a negative test?
NO, this is ONLY a self-screen for symptoms and contact with those who may have COVID-19.
3.) If I don’t pass the screening questions, can I still enter?
No, if you do not pass, you will not be able to enter the facility that day.
4.) I’m not good with technology and email and texting, etc…what are my options?
Don’t worry, we will have paper forms available for anyone who needs them. That said, if you can utilize the technology, you will likely find the process to be much easier in the long run. Staff will be on hand to assist you as needed, especially during this first week.
5.) If I’m a current Moraine Valley student or employee, can I use this link as well?
No, current students and employees must follow the mandate as communicated via the college. This was provided to you in a separate link and MVCC students and employees will need a green or blue pass to access the facility.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as FitRec adjusts to this new policy for access control put in place on our campus. Rest assured, we will do our best to make the new process as efficient and smooth as possible.
On Monday, March 22, 2021, FitRec made a series of changes to its current operations in an effort to make the facility more accessible and functional, while also keeping a high priority on the safety of all of its users. One change that we wanted to make you aware of right away is the expansion of our operating hours. Starting the week of March 22, FitRec will be open under the following schedule:
Friday: 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Saturday: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Please continue to check your e-mail or look for updates here or on our social media channels or app notifications. Thank you for helping us navigate through a challenging year and adapting to our new policies and procedures. Your wellness and safety has always been our top priority.
On January 18, 2021, the state of Illinois lifted its “Tier 3 Resurgance Mitigations” for our region and FitRec resumed locker room privileges (showering and use of lockers, steam rooms still closed until further notice) and resumed in-person group fitness classes on Thursday, January 21. As FitRec continues to monitor the regional restrictions, please be aware that we may have to revert back to stricter mitigations at any time. Please remember that in-person group fitness classes are by reservation only and have reduced capacity limits to promote social distancing.
- KidRec will remain open by reservation only. New drop-off dates and hours listed in KidRec section below.
- Face masks MUST be worn covering nose and mouth AT ALL TIMES (including while exercising). Non-compliance with new mask policy may result in suspension or termination of membership privileges.
- The fitness floor will be limited to 25% capacity.
After re-opening the doors back on July 6, FitRec has continued to make adjustments to its operations to bring us closer to its normal operations. Listed below are some changes in operation and policies that FitRec put in effect on Monday, October 19, 2020. Also, please keep in mind that future changes will likely be made as we continue to adjust to returning to normal operations, so please check this page regularly for updates. Thank you for your patience and know that all of us at FitRec appreciate and value your membership!
FitRec Re-opening Information for Members:
The information is the latest adjustments and temporary policy changes made since the re-opening of FitRec on July 6, 2020. All of the adjustments below are intended to be temporary. FitRec routinely assesses these adjustments to determine if/when modifications can be updated. We ask that members do their part to follow these adjusted policies as well as continue to check their e-mail or our website and social media channels regularly for future updates. For more specific questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hours of Operation starting Monday, March 22, 2021: (hours are temporary and subject to change)
- Monday-Thursday: 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Friday: 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Pool Hours of Operation starting Monday, March 22, 2021: (hours are temporary and subject to change)
- Monday-Thursday: 5:45 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Friday: 5:45 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 6:15 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Sunday: 8:15 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Weight Room: Limited capacity; no registration required initially but subject to change.
- Fitness Floor: Some machines may be unavailable, no registration required.
- Pool: Lap swim by reservation only during lap swim times; members may reserve up to 1 hour per day. Face masks are required on the pool deck only, not in the water.
- Members are able to reserve lane lines through the FitRec Account App (blue & white app) within a three-day span starting at 12:00 pm on the earliest allowable date.
- Effective Thursday, Oct. 1, 2020, FitRec will begin tracking lane reservations and recording “no-shows” on a daily basis. If a member does not report for a scheduled lane reservation, then it will be marked as a “no-show.” After two “no-shows” the member will have their reservation privileges suspended for a full week. If a member records more than five “no-shows,” they will have their reservation privileges suspended permanently. If you need to cancel your lane reservation, please call us at 708-608-4000 or use our FitRec Account app or online portal at least 12 hours in advance. If you fail to cancel your reservation using one of these methods, your reservation will be marked as a “no-show.” When using the app to cancel, select your reservation from the Calendar section on the My reservations page and hit the Cancel button at the bottom of the screen. When you come into the facility for a lane reservation, please check in at the Welcome Desk and let the attendant checking you in know that you are checking in for a lane reservation. You will still need to check in with the Lifeguard on Duty as well before using your lane.
- Reservations for pool lanes do not guarantee a specific lane. FitRec staff reserves the right to assign lanes based on the safety and well-being of our members.
- Lap Swim Changes – Effective March 22, 2021, Lap Swim reservations will move from reserving 1 lane per person to half a lane each. The lanes will show up as lane 1.A, 1.B, etc. in our scheduling system. This means members now have the option of up to 8 lanes to reserve, almost doubling the availability. With these changes, swimmers will swim side-by-side sharing the lane. The lanes will be for Lap Swim only.
- To maintain social distancing, swimmers must enter the pool when the other participant is at least a ½ length distance away.
- Only 1 person is allowed to reserve the ½ lane, therefore if 2 family members would like to have a lane together, they would need to reserve both spots in that same lane. As previous, if people from the same household have reserved a lane up to 3 can be in the lane.Effective March 22, 2021, Lap Swim reservations will move from reserving 1 lane per person to ½ a lane each. The lanes will show up as lane 1.A, 1.B etc. in our scheduling system. This means customers will now have the option of up to 8 lanes to reserve, almost doubling the availability. With these changes, swimmers will swim side-by-side sharing the lane. The lanes will be for Lap Swim only.
- Rec Swim Times – The FitRec pool schedule will now feature open Rec Swim times, which members can use for exercise, aqua jogging/walking and family swim. These swim times will be on a first-come, first-serve basis with a max capacity of 20 people in the pool area at one time. The deep and shallow ends will be open for use.
- Whirlpool: Reopened in mid-August 2021.
- Steam rooms: Reopened in late July 2021.
- Studios: Open for informal member use with limited capacity unless needed for programs and classes use.
- Courts: Members are able to make reservations for Gym Court 1. Below are the details for reserving a court on Court 1:
- Available Gym Court 1 reservation times are:
– Monday – Thursday; 6:00 am-10 pm
– Friday; 6:00 am – 9:00 pm
– Saturday; 6:30 am – 6:00 pm
– Sunday; 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
- Members can make reservations via phone (708-608-4000), FitRec Account App (blue & white app) and drop-in (if available).
- Members are able to reserve a half-court within a 3-day span starting at 12:00 pm on the earliest allowable date.
- 30-minute, 45-minute and 60-minute time slots only; no back-to-back reservations or multiple same-day reservations.
- Member must check-in at the Welcome Desk upon arrival.
- Maximum of 6 people per 1/2 court.
- Participants may play up to 3-on-3 basketball games. Full court games are not allowed.
- Face mask must be worn at all times in and on the gym court.
- The reservation time slot can be used for badminton, pickleball, indoor soccer or volleyball; the volleyball net cannot be set up due to limited court availability. One indoor soccer net can be set up upon request only.
- Contact Alex Rich (email@example.com; 708-608-4004) to request a court for volleyball.
- Basketballs and other sports equipment are available for check out at the Welcome Desk.
- All other Gym Court policies must be followed at all times.
- Available Gym Court 1 reservation times are:
- Tropical Smoothie: Tropical Smoothie Café has closed. It will not re-open once FitRec and the Moraine Valley campus returns to its normal operating schedule. We apologize for the inconvenience. Strange Brew Café opening in August 2021 in the space previously occupied by Tropical Smoothie Café.
- Equipment Check-out: Equipment check-out will be available. Members are required to bring their own large towel and water bottle.
- Facility Rentals: FitRec is allowing large facility rentals. Birthday party rental capacity is back at 40 for KidRec parties and 30 for pool parties. For specific facility rental questions, please contact Angela Caringella (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Alex Rich (email@example.com).
- Guest Passes: Beginning March 22, 2021, FitRec will allow members to sponsor guests for $15 per visit.
- Single-entry passes are available to any guest associated with a current and active FitRec member.
- There is a limit of THREE guests PER MEMBERSHIP per day. Guests must enter and exit with their sponsored member. Note: a family membership is considered (1) membership.
- Guest must provide a photo ID and sign the release of liability/waiver form at Membership Services.
- The pass is good for one entry; guest may not exit the facility and re-enter.
- Equipment checkout is available for members only.
- Solicitation of members by any guest for sponsorship is not permitted.
- The following temporary guest policies are in place until further notice:
- Guests must acknowledge that they have no COVID-19 symptoms and have not had any contact with known or suspected individuals with COVID-19.
- Guests must follow the FitRec Patron Code of Conduct and procedures for a safe facility.
- Guests may only reserve courts, lanes, or group fitness classes on site, after purchase of guest pass. Subject to availability, staff reserve the right to deny any guest reservations at any time.
- All other facility policies must be followed; members are responsible for their guests’ conduct and damage to or loss of property (including equipment rental) that may result in their guests’ actions. Disciplinary action may result in the loss of guest or members privileges.
- A parent/guardian must accompany anyone under the age of 16.
- Guest passes may be restricted, at the discretion of FitRec staff, to prevent facility overcrowding or for other purposes related to state/local guidelines or safety precautions.
- Towel Service: Effective Oct. 18, 2021, large towel service returns to FitRec. See details below.
- Large BEIGE towels will be checked out at the Welcome Desk.
- Members can only provide their scan tag/student/faculty/staff ID or full name so that the towel can be issued under their account. Guests may NOT check out a towel as full towel service is a member only privilege.
- Members are only able to check out one large towel at a time.
- Large and small BEIGE towels may be used by all members free of charge.
- Large BLUE towels will only be administered to members who are in the group exercise aquatic class once they arrive to the class. (NOTE: BLUE towels will not be provided to lap swimmers, group swim lesson participants or private swim lesson participants)
- Members part of the group exercise aqua classes are expected to turn in all towels to an available bin directly after usage. Loss of BLUE towels will prohibit usage of service given during aquatic classes and any member attending aquatic classes will only have their one beige towel to use.
- All used towels can be returned to any towel drop bin (locker rooms, family changing, Welcome Desk, etc.)
- The member must inform the Welcome Desk staff that their large towel(s) issued to them has been dropped in a bin prior to exiting FitRec. Staff will then check-in the towel in CSI.
- Theft, loss of, or damage to towels is subject to a $3 fee. Members will need to pay the towel fee in order to continue receiving towel service. Please note: If towel loss is deemed too extreme, the department will offer a lesser value towel and/or may develop an additional towel service fee.
- Guests and non-members are not able to check out a large towel, but may purchase a large towel for $5 at the Pro Shop.
- Lost and Found Service: Effective Oct. 18, 2021, Lost and Found items that are deemed as low-value items (i.e. water bottles, clothing, etc…) will be confirmed for donation every Monday at 10 am (i.e. anything lost Monday thru Sunday will be donated the following Monday) and will be dropped off at Illinois AMVETS (88th Ave. & W. 95th St.). If FitRec is closed on Monday or multiple days in a row due to holidays/facility maintenance closures, etc., then the next business day the donation drop-off will resume. All high-valued items (i.e. wallets, cell phones, watches, etc…) will be given to the Campus Police right away and tracked on the Daily Log for retrieval by owner. FitRec is ultimately not responsible for Lost and Found items. Patrons can contact Alejandro Herrera, Assistant Director of Operations and Guest Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org, by 10 am every Monday to request securing items for pick-up prior to donation drop-off.
- KidRec Services: KidRec will resume operations under limited hours starting Monday, October 19. Some adjustments will also be made to ensure safety for all users. These adjustments are listed below:
- Reservations will be required using the FitRec Account app, online portal or by calling 708-608-4000.
- Starting Monday, June 14, 2021, the new adjusted hours in KidRec will be as follows:
- Monday-Friday: 8:30 a.m.-Noon and 5-8 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Sunday: 8:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Adjusted capacity, 12 children per reservation
- Masks required for all children ages 3+
- Temperature and symptom check at drop-off
- New cleaning procedures
- For members who had the KidRec add-on service for their children, your monthly add-on will be automatically reactivated. If you would like to cancel, please respond to Angela Caringella at email@example.com or contact our membership services office at 708-608-4000. Since FitRec closed in March due to COVID, FitRec waived all KidRec fees until October 31. Those without the add-on before closure can pay the $5 drop-off fee per visit. In September due to an error in our billing system, members were inadvertently charged the KidRec add-on fee. There was a choice either to have that be applied as a credit in a later month or to receive a refund. For the month of November, KidRec will apply the September fee as a credit. Those who received a refund for the incorrect billing in September will be charged November 1. KidRec billing will resume December 1 unless you choose to opt out.
- Registration is required to use KidRec childcare drop-off services. Members may reserve up to 2 hours per day for KidRec reservations up to 7 days in advance. Members will be able to reserve through the member online portal and FitRec Account App (blue & white app). If the KidRec “class” is full, there is a waitlist that members will be added to. FitRec staff will contact those on the waitlist if a spot opens up. Reservations are made in 2-hour time blocks and the child can be dropped off/picked up at any time during the KidRec “class.” Through the online portal, the KidRec schedule can be found under the Group Fitness/KidRec category. On the FitRec Account app, you can book under Classes. This can also be done in person or over the phone through KidRec or Membership Services desk. Reservations must be made. If you walk in without booking ahead of time, KidRec may be at capacity and not accepting any more drop offs or the space may be closed if no reservations were booked.
- If a member makes a reservation and does not come in, it will be considered a “no show”. Members who commit multiple “no shows” may have their reservation privileges suspended or subject to additional fees.
- Locker rooms: As of January 18, 2021, locker room privileges (showers and use of lockers, steam rooms still closed until further notice) have been restored. Please continue to wear your mask covering nose and mouth and social distance when using the FitRec locker rooms.
- Showers: As of January 18, 2021, shower use has been restored in the FitRec locker rooms.
- Vending Machines: Limited availability.
- Group Fitness Classes: FitRec resumed its in-person group fitness classes on Thursday, January 21, 2021. As FitRec continues to monitor the regional restrictions, please be aware that we may have to revert back to stricter mitigations at any time. Please remember that in-person group fitness classes are by reservation only and have reduced capacity limits to promote social distancing.
- FitRec will track group fitness class reservations and record “no-shows” on a daily basis. If a member does not report for a scheduled class reservation, then it will be marked as a “no-show.” Warnings will be issued to the member after the first and second “no-show.” After three “no-shows,” a member will have their reservation privileges suspended for one week. After five “no-shows,” a member will permanently lose their reservation privileges.
- Personal Training: One-on-one training will be available starting Monday, July 6, 2020. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Swim Lessons: Private Swim lessons resumed Monday, July 6, 2020. E-mail email@example.com for more information. Face masks are required on the pool deck only, not in the water. Group lessons and preschool lessons resumed in March 2021. Registration is open for group/preschool lessons.
- Cyclone Memberships: Since Cyclone members do not have their usual 8-11 pm hours due to the adjusted facility hours since re-opening, FitRec will now allow Cyclone members to use the facility ALL DAY Friday (starting August 28) as well as Saturdays and Sundays. Effective March 22, 2021, Cyclone members may use the facility between 8-11 am and 8-10 pm Mondays through Thursdays and have ALL DAY access Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- Summer Camp: FitRec hosted 9 weeks of summer camp with reduced capacity in 2021. Registration began on Friday, March 26.
- Other Programs: FitRec will host its 8th annual Halloween 5K on Saturday, Oct. 30, 2021. Check out our Halloween 5K page to register or for more information.
- Any members not feeling well or experiencing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 must stay home. Do not come to the facility at least 10 days following any signs/symptoms.
- Members must bring a face mask in and wear it covering their nose and mouth AT ALL TIMES (Inside the pool and showers are the only exceptions). Masks are required on the pool deck only, not in the water. Masks will be for sale in the Pro Shop if forgotten. Masks are required in all college buildings. They also are required outdoors when a six-foot distance cannot be maintained.
- Face shields are not allowed in the facility and do not represent an acceptable face covering.
- Members must disinfect benches, equipment, and touch points using Gym Wipes after each use.
- No loitering in common areas. Members are encouraged to use the facility as efficiently as possible to minimize potential exposure.
- Only member-sponsored guests will be allowed.
To view our entire Patron Code of Conduct or to print a copy of these new temporary policies, please click HERE
Billing for memberships resumed the first week of July 2020. All members were owed 14 days from March 17 – 31 and billing did not include July 1-5. Monthly members should expect a charge of approximately 38% of their typical monthly bill. In addition to this reduction, FitRec also applied a 10% membership reduction for all memberships in July and August 2020. This was a courtesy due to the reduction in hours, programs and services. We resumed full billing September 2020.
Members may continue to freeze their membership, but must submit a freeze form (in person or online) prior to 5 days before the end of the month to avoid next month’s billing charges.
Membership Services Desk hours effective March 22, 2021:
- Monday-Friday: 9 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sunday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.