Due to Cook County’s changes and the CDC’s new recommendations for gyms, masks will be optional for those using the Health, Fitness & Recreation Center (FitRec) beginning Monday, Feb. 28. Members are encouraged to wear masks, especially when close contact cannot be avoided. At this time, optional masking only applies to the use of the FitRec Center. Masks are still required for the rest of the campus and extension sites.
Remember, members can unfreeze their membership early at any time without an additional cost. If you need to unfreeze your membership early, please contact us as soon as possible so that we can reactivate in preparation for Monday, February 28. This will allow us to make the necessary adjustments prior to our monthly billing process.
Please check this link for additional FAQ’s directly from Cook County Public Health or email us at email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as we are able.
Member-Sponsored Guest Passes:
Since March 22, 2021, FitRec allows members to sponsor guests for $15 per visit.
- Single-entry passes are available to any guest associated with a current and active FitRec member.
- There is a limit of THREE guests PER MEMBERSHIP per day. Guests must enter and exit with their sponsored member. Note: a family membership is considered (1) membership.
- Guest must provide a photo ID and sign the release of liability/waiver form at Membership Services.
- The pass is good for one entry; guest may not exit the facility and re-enter.
- Equipment checkout is available for members only.
- Solicitation of members by any guest for sponsorship is not permitted.
- The following temporary guest policies are in place until further notice:
- Guests must acknowledge that they have no COVID-19 symptoms and have not had any contact with known or suspected individuals with COVID-19.
- Guests must follow the FitRec Patron Code of Conduct and procedures for a safe facility.
- Guests may only reserve lanes or group fitness classes on site, after purchase of guest pass. Subject to availability, staff reserve the right to deny any guest reservations at any time.
- All other facility policies must be followed; members are responsible for their guests’ conduct and damage to or loss of property (including equipment rental) that may result in their guests’ actions. Disciplinary action may result in the loss of guest or members privileges.
- A parent/guardian must accompany anyone under the age of 16.
- Guest passes may be restricted, at the discretion of FitRec staff, to prevent facility overcrowding or for other purposes related to state/local guidelines or safety precautions.
Thank you for your cooperation and patience as we continue to adjust our operations!