For the latest installment of the FitRec Family Focus series, FitRec would like to introduce a new youth fitness program it will try out this spring. The goal of this youth fitness program is to help children who may not be quite old enough to access the fitness floor, but are ready to learn about fitness and be introduced to adult fitness equipment. This is an opportunity for children ages 10-13 to learn how to use treadmills and weight equipment safely and properly. In addition, this class will focus on teaching children about nutrition and other healthy lifestyle choices that they can implement into their daily routine. Here are some additional details regarding this new program:
- The program will run for 4 weeks (April 5 through May 1) and meet twice a week (Thursdays and Saturdays) for an hour each session.
- One session per week will be led by a FitRec personal trainer.
- One session per week will cover topics, such as nutrition, equipment orientation, etc.
- The program runs on Thursdays (April 8, 15, 22 and 29) and Saturdays (April 10, 17, 24 and May 1). Thursday sessions will run 4:30-5:30 pm and Saturday sessions will run 10-11 am each week.
- Cost of the four-week program is $65 for current FitRec members or $85 for non-members.
- To register for this program, please stop by our Membership Services desk in the FitRec front lobby. Registration must be completed by Friday, April 2. If not already submitted, account information will be collected and a safety waiver will need to be completed for each participant.
Click HERE for a printable PDF flyer for the new youth fitness program.
For more information or any questions regarding this new youth fitness program, please contact our program supervisor Abby Andres at (708) 608-4000 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.