Become an International Student Host Home
Moraine Valley Community College is looking for households that want to provide a welcoming and secure home for an international student. Our program provides all the resources, training, and ongoing support that you need to make the experience a success.
Hosting an international student in your home is a unique and fulfilling experience that can broaden your horizons, develop your cultural awareness, and help develop important intercultural communication skills.
HELP STUDENTS WITH
- Language proficiency through providing opportunities to practice and use the language in real-life situations
- Future employment and enhancing a student's resume to increase their career opportunities
- Their personal growth, self-confidence and independence
Host Home Requirements
To be considered for a host home, you must:
- Complete a background check
- Own your own home
- Have a furnished private room, laundry facilities and Wi-Fi
- Are located within half a mile of a Pace bus stop that serves:
Route #379 (Midway-Orland Square)
Route #381 (95th Street)
Route #385 (87th Street-111th Street-127th Street) See more details about bus routes at morainevalley.edu/transit
Contact us for more information about hosting an international student.