Effective July 1, 2015, the use or sale of all smoking and nicotine delivery systems with the exception of those certified for legal sale by the United States Food and Drug Administration for tobacco use cessation is prohibited. These prohibitions will be enforced on all leased or owned college property with the exception of those people within, or riding in, personal or non-college-owned vehicles.
Tobacco products include any lighted or unlighted cigarettes, cigars, cigarillos, pipes, hookah products, and any other smoking product, including electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) or vapor devices. This also includes smokeless, spit or spit-less, dissolvable, or inhaled tobacco products, as well as products containing or delivering nicotine intended for human consumption, as defined in the act.
The Moraine Valley Police Department will enforce the provisions of the Smoke-Free Campus Act (110 ILCS 64) and Moraine Valley Community College Board Policy #7267.1 Clean Air Policy (Smoke and Tobacco-Free Campus).
Resources for Smoking Cessation
- American Heart Association 1-800-242-8721
- American Lung Association 1-800-586-4872
- Centers for Disease Control Office on Smoking and Health 1-800-232-1311
- Illinois Tobacco Quit-line 1-866-784-8937
- Office of the Surgeon General Tobacco Cessation Guidelines
- Respiratory Health Association
- Tobacco-Free Life
For MVCC Benefited Employees
- BCBS_Smoking Cessation
- MVCC Employee Assistance Program - (800) 433-7916