Students can expect to receive several services at the Southwest Education Center. Among the services we offer are enrollment assistance to help begin the admissions process and financial aid assistance. We will also help with completing your FAFSA online and offer advising assistance. You can also get help determining your classes needed to complete a degree and/or certificate, get help planning for future classes and get help transferring to your next college.
- Begin the admissions process
- Review steps to getting started
- Receive help with online registration
Financial Aid Assistance
- Receive help with completing your FAFSA online
- Review steps to receiving financial aid at Moraine Valley
- Give information on financial deadlines
- Review transfer and/or career programs available at Moraine Valley
- Determine classes needed to complete a degree and/or certificate
- Help plan for current and future classes
Contact: Nathan Lewis. Student Development Specialist, Southwest Education Center via email email@example.com or by phone at (708) 974-5469.
Virtual Writing Center
The Virtual Writing Center at Moraine Valley’s Southwest Education Center provides students access to a computer and phone in order to call the main campus Writing Center and take advantage of the services without leaving the Southwest Center and traveling to the main campus. Please see the front desk for assistance in meeting with a virtual writing tutor. Students can walk right in – no appointment necessary. Hours (Room 106) Mon.-Thurs.: noon-6 p.m.
Tutoring Schedule (Room 106)
- Subject: Writing Days: Tues. Time: 1-5 p.m.
- Subject: Math Days: Mon.Time: 1:30-5 p.m.
- Subject: Math Days: Tues.Time: 11-2 p.m.
- Subject: Math Days: Thurs.Time: 2-5 p.m.