Moraine Valley is committed to incorporating innovative technology throughout our campus.
We provide our students with opportunities to learn on the actual equipment they will use in the workplace, and we equip our classrooms with technology designed to increase student engagement and learning.
To that end, the college has developed a Strategic Technology Plan to guide its efforts.
Moraine Valley's technological strengths include:
- We're home to a national IT center called CSSIA--the Center for Systems Security and Information Assurance. CSSIA is a National Science Foundation Advanced Technological Education National Resource Center. Since 2003, CSSIA has provided students with real-world learning experiences in information assurance and network security through several program improvement supportive initiatives.
- Nearly 1,900 computers are available for student use on a daily basis.
- Free, public Wi-Fi.
- Almost 100 percent of our classrooms are outfitted with technology.
- MVConnect--our student portal where current students get information about their student account, register for classes, pay tuition, find student services and resources, and so much more!
- A dedicated Help Desk team is ready to assist students who need support with account set-up or other needs.
Also, charging stations are available for cellphones, tablets and other mobile devices in Café Moraine (Building U), the Library (Building L) and the Cyber Café (Building D). The stations are free to use and include an Apple lightning cable, a standard Apple cord, and a mini and micro USB.