TRIO Student Support Services provides first-generation, low-income and disabled students the tools to stay in college, as well as personal development and academic support. We help students graduate from Moraine Valley and transfer to a four-year institution to complete a bachelor’s degree.
If you qualify for the program you will be provided:
- Academic and personal support
- Computer technology assistance
- Cultural activities and events
- Financial assistance/scholarship search
- Tours to colleges and universities
- Tutoring and study groups
According to U.S. Department of Education guidelines, you are eligible to participate in the Student Support Services program if you are a U.S. citizen or meet the residency requirements for federal assistance, along with one or more of the following:
- first-generation college student (neither parent has a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution)
- are currently enrolled at Moraine Valley Community College or accepted for enrollment in the next academic term
- have a need for academic support, as demonstrated by placing into a developmental course, being on academic probation, or being out of school for five years or more or referred by an instructor.
- are economically disadvantaged (as determined by the U.S. Department of Education)
- have a documented physical or learning disability
If you believe you may qualify, we encourage you to come to our office in Building S, Room S219, to complete an application.