TRIO Student Support Services provides first-generation, low-income and disabled students the tools to stay in college, as well as personal development and academic support. We help students graduate from Moraine Valley and transfer to a four-year institution to complete a bachelor’s degree.
The following services are available through our program:
- Computer lab with free printing
- Help filling out college applications
- Assistance with resume writing
- Help filling out a job application
- Assistance with applying for scholarships
- Financial aid questions, issues
- Personal support for difficult situations
- Four-year college transfer process
- Staff can assist you with any questions or concerns you have
According to U.S. Department of Education guidelines, you are eligible to participate in the Student Support Services program if you are a U.S. citizen or meet the residency requirements for federal assistance, along with one or more of the following:
- first-generation college student (neither parent has a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution)
- are currently enrolled at Moraine Valley Community College or accepted for enrollment in the next academic term
- have a need for academic support, as demonstrated by placing into a developmental course, being on academic probation, or being out of school for five years or more or referred by an instructor.
- are economically disadvantaged (as determined by the U.S. Department of Education)
- have a documented physical or learning disability
If you believe you may qualify, we encourage you to come to our office in Building S, Room S219, to complete an application.