Students are encouraged to utilize services to help enhance the successful pursuit of career opportunities. Our staff is available to meet with you individually to answer your questions, review your resume and cover letter, to assist you with the job search process, develop a job search plan, and more.
Students may schedule a 30-minute appointment with a Job Resource Specialist for assistance with resumes, cover letters and job search related matters. Please call (708) 974-5737 for an appointment. Be sure to register on College Central Network prior to your appointment.
Student employment is an integral part of the efficient operation of campus programs and offices. It provides career development opportunities for student employees, enhances a student’s educational experience by developing self-awareness and self-esteem, providing information about personal strengths and weaknesses, and offering opportunities to experience significant work relations with a variety of people. Current students should visit MVConnect for more information.
- Student employees must be enrolled at least half-time, which is 6 credit hours for budgeted and work-study student employees during the Fall/Spring semesters. During the summer semester Student employees must be enrolled 3 credit hours for budgeted and 6 credit hours for work-study student employees.
- Student employees must have a 2.0 G.P.A.
- Discover how to apply for student employment. Download the Student Employment Application.
The Job Resource Center Internship Program at Moraine Valley provides current Moraine Valley students an opportunity to pursue a supervised short-term, real world, hands-on work experience during the summer, fall or spring semester.
To be eligible for an internship, students must meet the following:
- Current Moraine Valley student in credit courses
- Completed one academic college semester at Moraine Valley
- Be in good academic (2.0 or better GPA) and good student standing
- Be legally eligible to work in the United States*
- Register on College Central Network
- Follow steps to being approved to view internships
Visit MVConnect for more information, including benefits, eligibility, requirements and steps.
The Disney College Program with Walt Disney World and Disneyland offers a one-of-a-kind internship that combines education opportunities and work experience while living in Florida or California for 5-8 months. Visit MVConnect for more information on specific eligibility requirements and steps for the Disney College Program.
For more information, email Marie Harrell, Internship Manager, at email@example.com.
DISCLAIMER: Moraine Valley Community College’s Job Resource Center is not affiliated with the employers/organizations identified in this report unless otherwise noted. We accept no liability for the content of the employment listing information, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided. We encourage job seekers to thoroughly review job postings and use cautionary discretion when applying.
*The law requires employers to hire only individuals who may legally work in the United States: citizens and nationals of the United States, lawful permanent residents, and aliens authorized to work. To comply with the law, employers must verify the identity and employment authorization of each person they hire, complete and retain a Form I-9 for each employee, and refrain from discriminating against individuals on the basis of national origin or citizenship. (Source: Handbook for Employers, Instructions for Completing Form I-9, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, April 2009)