The Dr. Irene H. Brodie Academic Skills Center provides learning support programs and materials to help students improve learning habits through:
- content and study skills tutoring
- learning skills Compass Test Workshop and online handouts
- networking with other students
- web links providing tutorials and supplemental materials
- communication between faculty and lead tutors
- career program study groups
Tutoring is on a first-come, first-serve basis, and one-on-one tutoring is available during low traffic times. Specific tutors are not assigned to individual students; however, tutors’ schedules are published so students can seek out a preferred tutor.
The center is located in Building L, Room L200, on the Palos Hills campus, but it also has office hours at the Southwest Education Center in Tinley Park and the Education Center at Blue Island. Program-specific tutoring also is offered for Information Management Systems, which is located in Building T, and Communication, which is located in Building A.
Questions? Contact a lead tutor at (708) 974-5746 or firstname.lastname@example.org