The Tutoring Center provides learning support for all students enrolled in Moraine Valley Community College courses. Tutoring is a free service aimed to improve content mastery in the most challenging courses. All of our tutors are professionally trained through the College Reading and Learning Association training regimen.
Studies show that students who seek out tutoring as a study resource are much more likely to achieve a higher score in their coursework.
Tutoring is offered in a variety of locations:
- Math, Science, Business, and Foreign Language – G221 (Main Campus, Palos Hills)
- Reading, Writing, IEL, GED English, and ESL – L200 (Main Campus, Palos Hills)
- Technology Tutoring – T920 (Main Campus, Palos Hills)
- Library Computer Tutoring – Library (Main Campus, Palos Hills)
- Math and English – Room 218 (Blue Island Education Center, Blue Island)
- Math and English – Room SW 106 (Southwest Education Center, Tinley Park)
Tutoring is offered on a first-come, first-serve basis with one-on-one tutoring available during low traffic times. Specific tutors are not assigned to individual students; however, tutors’ schedules are published so students can seek out a preferred tutor and request a tutor based on demand.
Current students can access Tutoring Center schedules and hours through the Tutoring Center's MVConnect page.
Questions? Contact a lead tutor at (708) 974-5746 or email@example.com