Moraine Valley Community College

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

To be eligible for the HEERF II funds, you must have:

  1. A verified or completed FAFSA on file for 2020-2021 academic year and be a US citizen or eligible non-citizen,
  2. Enrolled in a Title IV eligible degree or certificate program,
  3. Have been enrolled in the spring 2021 semester as of January 19, 2021, or later,
  4. Be in an eligible status according to MVCC Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy; and
  5. Certify they have incurred expenses related to the coronavirus on or after December 27, 2020.

Yes, a HEERF II application is required. Eligible students will receive an application link via their student e-mail account.

The amount students may receive is $1,000 for Part-Time or $2,000 for Full-Time students.

Less than 12 credit hours = Part-Time

12 credit hours or more = Full-Time

Due to funding limitations, awards will be made on a first-come, first-served basis.

Please note that students can receive HEERF II funds once.

Yes, you must complete and submit the application on your Student Portal by April 23, 2021. Incomplete applications will be denied. Applications submitted after April 23, 2021, may not be considered.

If you are approved, you will receive an email notification sent to your student email account.

No, approval of your HEERF II funds will not affect the amount or eligibility for other financial aid.

No, the grant you receive will not be applied to your tuition and fees.  MVCC will only apply this grant towards any outstanding balance you may owe upon your authorization as indicated in your HEERF II application submitted to the college. You can use HEERF II funds to cover any expenses that you may have due to the impacts of Coronavirus. While you will need to indicate your pandemic-related educational expenses on your application, you will not need to report how you actually use this funding.

You will receive an email from the Financial Aid Office notifying you of your award.   Direct deposit (through ACH) is the quickest option for a student to receive funds. If you are not enrolled for direct deposit, you will be mailed a paper check to the address on your student account, which may significantly delay delivery of your funds.