The Purchasing Department centralizes the purchasing function within Moraine Valley Community College. The purchasing staff seeks to maximize the value for every dollar expended and to ensure the efficiencies of all assets.
The responsibilities of the Purchasing Department are:
Provide a professional, productive, and purposeful purchasing function at Moraine Valley for:
- the procurement of goods and services
- assisting departments in obtaining such goods and services of a high quality—at the lowest cost and in the time needed
- the objective of monitoring and expediting such deliverables in an efficient manner within the constraints of state purchasing requirements and Moraine Valley procedures
- the effective utilization of college resources
- the management and disposition of material and equipment
- and the nurturing and development of strong working relationships with vendors, the local community, and internal constituents
We strive to achieve these objectives through carefully defined ethical business practices and procedures.
Vendor Relations, Sustainability and Diversity
Moraine Valley Community College is committed to social and environmental stewardship and encourages a similar commitment by its vendors and staff. Moraine Valley participates in utilization of local business, minority, and women owned business and veteran business when applicable. Moraine Valley also makes and encourages sustainable purchases in accordance with the college’s commitment to sustainability where feasible and advantageous.
Business partners are expected to comply with all relevant employment and environmental laws. Furthermore, it is encouraged and expected that all business partners demonstrate a commitment to the protection of the environment, resource conservation and social justice in partnership with the college’s sustainability efforts to the greatest extent possible. The college’s commitments to sustainability are available within purchasing and sustainability guidelines as resources in pursuing educated sustainable choices.
The College is committed to vendor diversification. Moraine Valley has an aspirational goal to include businesses owned and controlled by minorities, females, persons with disabilities, and veterans through the contracting and subcontracting process.
If this certification is available through your business, please submit with your application. We encourage vendors to register with the Illinois Department of Central Management Services- Business Enterprise Program (BEP). You can register here.
Director: Jane Bentley, B.S.
Office Location: Building L, L187
Telephone: (708) 974-5703
Fax: (708) 974-5245