Several community performances at Moraine Valley Community College in Palos Hills have been rescheduled following a state mandate related to the coronavirus, while all academic music concerts are canceled.
Patrons who have purchased tickets will be contacted by the Box Office to make arrangements for tickets to the new performances.
- Jim Witter’s “Fire and Rain,” Thursday, Aug. 6, 7:30 p.m.
- “The Good Humor Men,” Thursday, Aug. 13, 7:30 p.m.
- The Koresh Dance Company’s “La Danse,” Saturday, Sept 12, 7:30 p.m.
- “The Mystical Arts of Tibet: Sacred Music/Sacred Dance for World Healing,” Saturday, Sept. 19, 7:30 p.m. Opening ceremony, Tuesday, Sept. 15, 12:30 p.m. Construction of sand mandala painting, Wednesday, Sept. 16-Friday, Sept. 18, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Completion of sand painting, Saturday, Sept. 19, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Salon Series: Joan Curto’s “Broadway Women,” Sunday, Sept. 20, 2 and 5:30 p.m. in the John and Angeline Oremus Theater. Table seating is $30, $25 for seniors, $10 for students with ID. Theater seating is $25, $20 for seniors and free for students with ID.
Performances will be in the Dorothy Menker Theater inside the Fine and Performing Arts Center, unless otherwise noted. Tickets are $30, $25 for seniors, and free for students with ID and children, and can be purchased online at morainevalley.edu/fpac or by calling the Box Office at (708) 974-5500.
Canceled spring academic music performances include the Flute Choir concert in March, along with the Jazz Combo spring concert, Concert Band performance, Percussion Ensemble concert and the Moraine Chorale and Chamber Singers concert, all scheduled for May.
The Moraine Chorale and Chamber Singers patriotic concert on Saturday, July 25, is expected to be presented as scheduled. For more information, visit the FPAC online.