Race Date: Sunday, Febuary 27, 2022
Event Results: Click here to see or print Event Results in PDF format
Time: 8 am-1 pm (sign up for a wave during this time frame, waves run every 20 minutes starting at 8 am, last wave at 11:40 am),
Reminder: The pool/whirlpool and the gym will be closed from 8 am until 1 pm on Sunday, Feb. 27, to accommodate this event.
Event Photos: Click here to see photos from the event. Use MVCC as the password to the photo portfolio.
2022 FitRec Indoor Triathlon/Duathlon Video Highlights
Who Can Participate: Anyone 12 years of age or older can register and compete
Location: Moraine Valley Community College FitRec, 9000 W College Parkway, Palos Hills, IL 60465
Cost: $30 for FitRec members / $45 for Non-Members / $25 MVCC employees, MVCC students and FitRec staff
Registration: Stop by Membership Services, register online using the Register Online button (upper left corner of page) or register using the FitRec Account app (blue and white one)
Volunteers: Interesting in volunteering for this event? Fill out our online volunteer form HERE and we will reach out to you with more information.
Description: The MVCC FitRec Indoor Triathlon and Duathlon is a unique indoor event offering amateur and elite athletes the opportunity to compete simultaneously. Newcomers learn what it takes to do a triathlon or duathlon, while elite athletes are offered a change-of-pace race utilizing indoor training facilities! Invite a friend who has been talking about trying a triathlon or duathlon, but never committed. Sign up today!
2020 Race Results: Click HERE
2019 Race Results: Click HERE
Race Day Rules, Format & Conduct
- All participants must abide by all current FitRec facility policies, including all COVID mandates, during the event.
- Athletes MUST check in at the registration tables at least 30 minutes prior to their start time. Bring registration & photo ID.
- Athletes must have completed race registration AND triathletes check in with the Head Swim Timer in the pool area at least 15 minutes prior to the start of their wave time. Duathletes check in with the Head Run Timer in the gym at least 15 minutes prior to the start of your wave time. Failure to do so may result in forfeit of position within the wave (to an athlete waiting on stand-by).
- The race format is as follows: 10-minute swim, 10-minute transition, 20-minute bike, 5-minute transition, 15-minute run for the triathlon. 15-minute run, 5-minute transition, 20-minute bike, 5-minute transition, 15-minute run for the duathlon.
- A volunteer will be assigned to record your distances.
- Waves will be chosen by participant on website when registering.
- Body marking/numbers will be assigned when athletes check in at Registration.
- A shower must be taken prior to entering the pool (Triathletes only).
- NO running is permitted on the pool deck (triathletes only) or in the transition spaces.
- Two competitors are assigned to a swim lane (triathletes only).
- Participants must begin the race in the water with at least one body part in contact with the wall. No diving, wet suits, use of flotation devices allowed (triathletes only).
- Distance in the pool will be measured to the last completed half length (triathletes only). Distance on bike will be measured in laps with a quarter mile equaling one lap. Distance for run portion will be measured to the last completed half length of course lap.
- For the bike portion of the race: Setting your seat height and warming up are part of transition time.
- No standing on bikes. 1st violation will result in a verbal warning. 2nd violation will result in disqualification.
- Cleats, tape and spitting are not allowed on the gym surface. Bike cleats allowed on bike only. Gym shoes must be worn on gym floor and in hallways.
- Headphones are allowed during bike and run portions of the event.
- Stepping off the outside of the track to get a drink of water during the race is allowed. However, you must enter the track at the point of exit or a penalty will be assessed. Cutting corners will result in a penalty. Penalty will be a ½ lap.
- During the run portion of the race, full laps and ½ laps will be credited.
- Spectators will be allowed in designated areas only. Non-member participants or spectators do have the use of the KidRec services at a $5 Drop-In rate or FitRec Member KidRec Add-on rate. Children MUST be accompanied by an adult in all other areas of the FitRec at all times.
- Race results will be posted after the last wave of athletes complete their race as well as on the FitRec website following the event.
- Winners will be determined by total laps completed. Medals will be awarded to the top three male and top three female triathletes in the Open category (12-39 years of age) and Masters category (40+) at end of event. Medals will also be awarded to the top three male and top three female duathletes.
- Athletes and volunteers are expected to follow the general code of conduct taken from the USAT rule book. At or during an event or while at the event site, all participants must:
*Act in compliance with these Competitive Rules
*Conduct themselves in a matter that is not offensive in any way to fellow participants, spectators, officials or volunteers and is considered reasonable and acceptable in the community.
*Treat all participants, officials, volunteers and spectators with fairness, respect and courtesy.
*Refrain from the use of abusive language or conduct.
“Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” – Henry David Thoreau