At this time, FitRec is planning to hold a summer camp starting on July 6, 2020. More information will be coming, but it is anticipated that spots will fill up fast due to reduced capacities. Please continue to check the FitRec website and social media platforms for more information soon. You may also e-mail Angela Caringella, Assistant Director for Youth Programs, at Angela.Caringella@morainevalley.edu for more information. Below are some additional details about how the summer camp will operate and some of the guidelines that will be in place to help promote safety and cleanliness.
Campers must bring a mask to camp to wear during check in, check out, and some indoor activities. Most or all activities will be done without masks but depending on weather and other factors we may ask your camper to wear his/her mask at certain times.
At the completion of each day, additional staff will be scheduled to deep clean equipment and high touch surfaces from camp.
- Kids Camp at the FitRec Center for Summer 2020 will be a 5-Day camp for five weeks.
- Camp will begin Monday, July 6, 2020 and the last day of camp will be Friday, August 7, 2020.
- Ages for the camp will be 5-13 years old.
- The hours for each day will be 9 am-4 pm.
- Drop-off for camp will begin at 8:45 am (7:45 am for before care) and all campers must be picked up by 4 pm (5 pm for after care)
- Summer camp registration is expected to open on Monday, June 22.
- The maximum number of campers for each day is 30 campers.
- Campers must register for the entire week, and a wait-list will be created in the case that a camper drops out of a specific week.
- We will split each camper into three equivalent groups, primarily based on age – members of same household will be grouped together.
- All three groups will remain separated throughout camp each day to assist with social distancing.
- Campers must enroll online by the Wednesday prior to the start of camp. This will assist the staff in separating each camper into groups before camp starts.
- When campers are dropped off, they will be met with a staff member outside of the FitRec main entrance.
- Campers must bring their own water bottles and towels each day.
- Parents and guardians who drop of their camper will not come into the facility.
- Each camper will wash their hands at sanitizing station outside before entering the facility.
- Each camper be informed of which camper group they are in when they check in with the staff member.
- Our daily schedule will ensure each group stays distant from one another and distant from members at FitRec.
- Entrances and exits to the facility will be through different designated doors so groups will cross paths.
- During the pool time, only one group will be allowed to change at a time.
- Campers will need to bring their own towel for pool time.
Use this link to view previous installments of our FitRec Family Focus Series.