Event: FitRec Indoor Triathlon
Click HERE to view the final results from the 2019 FitRec Indoor Triathlon
Race Date: Sunday, March 3, 2019
Time: 8 am-1 pm (sign up for a wave during this time frame, waves run every 20 minutes starting at 8 am, last wave at 11:40 am),
Reminder: The pool/whirlpool and the gym will be closed from 8 am until 1 pm on Sunday, March 3, to accommodate this event.
Location: Moraine Valley Community College FitRec, 9000 W College Parkway, Palos Hills, IL 60465
Cost: $25 for FitRec members, $45 for non-members
Description: The MVCC FitRec Indoor Tri is a unique indoor triathlon offering amateur and elite athletes the opportunity to compete simultaneously. Newcomers learn what it takes to do a triathlon, while elite athletes are offered a change of pace race utilizing indoor training facilities! Invite a friend who has been talking about trying a “tri,” but never committed. Sign up today!!!
Race Day Rules, Format & Conduct
- Athletes MUST check in at the registration tables at least 30 minutes prior to their start time. Bring registration & photo ID.
- Athletes must have completed race registration AND check in with the Head Swim Timer in the pool area at least 15 minutes prior to the start of their wave time. Failure to do so may result in forfeit of position within the wave (to an athlete waiting on standby).
- The race format is as follows: 10-minute swim, 10-minute transition, 20-minute bike, 5-minute transition, 15-minute run.
- A volunteer will be assigned to record your distances.
- Waves will be chosen by participant on website when registering.
- Body marking/numbers will be assigned when athletes check in.
- A shower must be taken prior to entering the pool.
- NO running is permitted on the pool deck or in the transition spaces.
- Two competitors are assigned to a swim lane.
- Participants must begin the race in the water with at least one body part in contact with the wall. No diving, wet suits, use of flotation devices allowed.
- Distance in the pool will be measured to the last completed half length. Distance on bike will be measured in laps with a quarter mile equaling one lap. Distance for run portion will be measured to the last completed half length of course lap.
- For the bike portion of the race: Setting your seat height is part of transition time.
- No standing on bikes. 1st violation will result in a verbal warning. 2nd violation will result in disqualification.
- Cleats, tape and spitting are not allowed on the gym surface. Bike cleats allowed on bike only. Gym shoes must be worn on gym floor and in hallways.
- Headphones are allowed during bike and run portions of the event.
- Stepping off the outside of the track to get a drink of water during the race is allowed. However, you must enter the track at the point of exit or a penalty will be assessed. Cutting corners will result in a penalty. Penalty will be a ½ lap.
- During the run portion of the race, full laps and ½ laps will be credited.
- Spectators will be allowed in designated areas only. Non-member participants or spectators do have the use of the KidRec services at a $4 Drop-In rate or FitRec Member KidRec Add-on rate. Children MUST be accompanied by an adult in all other areas of the FitRec at all times.
- Race results will be posted on the FitRec website following the event.
- Winners will be determined by total laps completed. Medals/ribbons are awarded at end of event.
- Athletes and volunteers are expected to follow the general code of conduct taken from the USAT rule book. At or during an event or while at the event site, all participants must:
*Act in compliance with these Competitive Rules
*Conduct themselves in a matter that is not offensive in any way to fellow participants, spectators, officials or volunteers and is considered reasonable and acceptable in the community.
*Treat all participants, officials, volunteers and spectators with fairness, respect and courtesy.
*Refrain from the use of abusive language or conduct.
“Whatever the Mind can Conceive and Believe, it can Achieve” – Henry David Thoreau