The Skyway STEM Competition is a poster contest designed to encourage participation in STEM-related disciplines. Projects will be evaluated on the participants’ ability to use the methodology of their respective fields, as well as rational and logical thinking to answer a question in the field of science, technology, mathematics or engineering.
The project must pose a question and use the knowledge gained through the inquiry-driven process to address the problem or question. Projects must be in a science, technology, engineering, or math-related discipline as defined in the event rules. Judging criteria is explicitly defined in the Judges scoring sheets that are available to all participants.
The competition will be a virtual event this year hosted by Moraine Valley Community College and is spread out over multiple days. Judging will occur April 14-16 and is for team members only. An online poster gallery will go live after the judging is complete. This is a great way to see and read what each of the teams have worked on. The competition will culminate with a synchronous virtual celebration and awards event on Friday, April 23, 2021 starting at 1 p.m.
Agenda for Synchronous Virtual Celebration and Awards Event
- Welcome, Dr. Sylvia M. Jenkins, College President, Moraine Valley Community College
- Introduction of Judges, Dr. Lisa S. Kelsay, Skyway Co-Curricular Director, Moraine Valley Community College
- Keynote Speaker, Kelsey Golk, Moraine Valley Community College Alumna
- Panel Presentation with Salam Mulhem (MVCC alum), Juleah PingHua Richardson (WCC alum), and Jonathon Rojas (MC Alum)
- Recognition of Participating Teams
- Announcement of Award Recipients