Placement tests are required for all Degree-Seeking students, some Certificates (please see this list for more details), and for any student seeking to register in a course that has a placement prerequisite (such as English Composition, Mathematics, and many other classes). Students may not register for the placement test until they have completed a Moraine Valley admission application.
Students may be exempted from all, or portions of the placement test based on SAT/ACT scores. More information on SAT/ACT scores is below. Students with previous college credit, AP scores, IB scores, and/or State Seal of Biliteracy should send a copy of their documents for review through the Prerequisite Override Form, or by visiting Academic Advising in Building S, Room S201. Any coursework that meets college-level placement will be entered as an exemption so the student will not need to complete that portion of the placement test.
Students will use a computer in the Testing Center to complete the ALEKS/Accuplacer test. Get help with one of our workshops.
Two-day workshops get you pointed in the right direction:
- Familiarize yourself with the placement test
- Obtain a personalized study path program
- Better your scores in English and math
All students must attend the first session to be admitted to the second session. First sessions present an assessment that will serve as a study tool to help prepare you for the placement tests. This assessment also helps determine how we can better serve you in the second day of the workshop.
All sessions are held in Building G, Room 111
- December 03, 2019 at 10:00 am | Second Session: Dec. 5, 10 a.m.-noon
- January 07, 2020 at 6:00 pm
- February 04, 2020 at 6:00 pm | Second Session: Feb. 6, 6 p.m.-8 p.m.
- March 24, 2020 at 6:00 pm | Second Session: March 26, 6 p.m.-8 p.m.
- April 21, 2020 at 6:00 pm | Second Session: April 23 6 p.m.-8 p.m.
- May 18, 2020 at 6:00 pm
- June 15, 2020 at 6:00 pm | Second Session: June 17, 6 p.m.-8 p.m.