Federal Pell Grants

Federal Pell Grants are available from the federal government and are based upon calculated financial need. The maximum annual award at Moraine Valley is $5815 for a full-time student with a $0 Expected Family Contribution (EFC).

Year-Round Pell Grant

The Year-Round Pell Grant is a Federal Grant program which enables eligible students to receive 150 percent of their Federal Pell Grant funds in one academic year. The maximum timeframe that students may receive Federal Pell Grant is the equivalent of 12 full‐time semesters. YRP awards will increase the percentage of Pell LEUs used. Keep in mind that one full‐time semester of Pell equals 50 percent. Moraine Valley Community College will start awarding summer financial aid in April to allow students to plan for their summer semester enrollment. Additional Pell Grant amounts cannot exceed 50 percent of a student’s Pell Grant Scheduled Award. If you do not use 100 percent of your Pell award, you will still be eligible for the unused Pell for the Fall and Spring semesters and possibly additional YRP funds depending on enrollment level. To be eligible for the additional Pell Grant funds over the summer, the student must be: Pell Eligible Meeting SAP Enrolled in at least six credit hours

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (SEOG) are available to undergraduate students based on calculated financial need. These awards are available to students who receive the Pell Grant. Students must be enrolled in at least six credit hours in an approved program. Annual awards range from *$100-$1200.

Illinois Monetary Award Program

The Illinois Student Assistance Commission Monetary Award Program (ISAC-MAP) is a need-based grant program available to Illinois residents for tuition and mandatory fees. To be eligible, students must be undergraduates and enrolled in at least three credit hours in an approved program. Awards at Moraine Valley range from *$214 to $1568. In addition to college credit hours, MAP can pay up to 30 hours of developmental credit as long as the student is enrolled in at least one college-level course in an eligible program.

*Subject to change based on federal, state, or institutional funding.