Job Skills for a Competitive Advantage
Developing Your Employees
Give your employees a competitive start with classes designed specifically to meet your company's needs. Based on current workforce trends and industry input, we provide your employees with the necessary tools to proactively affect the outcomes of everyday business situations and challenges.
With our customized onsite training, you can choose specific modules for half-day or full-day sessions to best suit the needs of your organization. Or you can choose to have us present the entire series.
Call today and let us help you design a training program that gives your employees the skills they need to contribute to their professional success and your company's bottom line!
To schedule an appointment to discuss your needs, or to set up customized training for your employees, contact Corporate, Community, and Continuing Education at (708) 974-5690 or email@example.com.
The following modules are interactive and experiential utilizing discussion, role play, case studies, and workplace scenarios to demonstrate important business concepts.
Module 1: Building Character and Preserving Integrity
- Identifying values
- Preserving integrity through conscious choice
Module 2: Developing Work Ethic (Part 1)
- Understanding the importance of honesty, trustworthiness and dependability in the workplace
- Conducting yourself in a proactive manner
Module 3: Developing Work Ethic (Part 2)
- Developing personal leadership, respect for co-workers and support for your supervisor
- Understanding the value of continuous learning
Module 4: Taking Responsibility and Accepting Accountability
- Taking responsibility and being accountable within the workplace
Module 5: Business Etiquette — The Stepping Stones of Your Success
- Personal appearance
- Demonstrating professional manners within the workplace
Module 6: Managing Time and Scheduling Priorities
- Identifying personal and professional priorities
- Learning how to write a S.M.A.R.T. (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time-based) goal
Module 7: Effective Communication — Attentive Listening
- Effective listening to better understand
Module 8: Effective Communication — Conveying Your Message
- Conveying messages in a professional manner
Module 9: Giving and Receiving Constructive Feedback
- Understanding the impact that giving and receiving constructive feedback can have on a team and its members
Module 10: Succeeding Through Teamwork
- Identifying the stages of team development, and varying styles and roles of team members
Module 11: Effective Problem Solving
- Understanding the process for identifying the cause of problems
- Identifying, implementing and evaluating effective solutions
Module 12: Celebrating Diversity in the Workplace
- Preparing for challenges that might arise due to differences related to age, culture, gender, etc.
Module 13: Stress Management
- Discovering ways to prevent workplace stress and minimize its effects to be productive and happy in your personal and professional lives
Module 14: Attaining Life Balance
- Identifying the four areas of your life (physical, mental, emotional and spiritual) required to feel balanced
- Making proactive choices about how to spend and invest money to maintain financial stability