Certified medical administrative assistants (CMAA) work in the front office of a medical practice or health care facility. Their duties may include coordinating practice communications, maintaining files, scheduling appointments and more.
In this noncredit program, you can master multitasking as it relates to the duties of a CMAA, including scheduling appointments, processing insurance requests, maintaining records and corresponding with patients. Learn the fundamentals of medical terminology and the ethical and financial best practices for a medical center. Understand the basics of working with medical documents, medical billing, and coding processes. Students will also receive one week of keyboarding training.
- 16-week program, with 6 months of access to the program
- Online, self-paced program
- Weekly individual and group check-in meetings with a Moraine Valley success coach
- All books, software and materials are included
- Voucher to complete the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) national certification exam offered by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) included in course fee
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Students must have their own computers, personal email account and reliable internet access
- Computers must have a camera, microphone and speakers
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6+ or Windows 8+, Chrome or Firefox, MS Word, Media Player or equivalent, Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Students must download Key Pro 5 software
The health care field offers one of the leading areas of opportunities for career growth today. Within health care, medical assistants are among the most in-demand professionals. Earning a CMAA establishes a medical assistant as a caring, responsible professional who has undergone a study and assessment program to validate their credentials.
Those who have passed the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant exam can find positions in patient intake, medical scheduling, certified medical office assistant and others. The median pay for certified medical administrative assistants is $40,990 per year, or $19.71 per hour on average, according to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics.
Contact us using the form below or call (708) 974-5735.