Through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) program, we provide workforce development services to unemployed low-income adults and dislocated workers. Job seekers participating in this program are able to receive:
- Individualized case management, assessment, career planning, occupational training, job search and placement assistance
- Tuition, books and fees paid through a WIOA voucher
- Associate’s degree for in-demand occupations
- In-person and online classes that build foundational skills and prepare you for the industry or area of your interest
- Specialized certificate programs offering the opportunity to achieve a new skill set in a short period of time so you can start your new career faster
Focus your job search with FREE workshops from Career Connections!
Learn how the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) program helps low income and laid off workers get back to work. We’ll cover the eligibility requirements and expectations for participants and how the program helps you return to work, possibly including training.
Learn how to tailor your resume and cover letter with keywords from a description to get through the online application system.
Learn about optimizing your online brand while protecting your privacy. Find out how to build and use your network to get your resume into the hands of the hiring manager. Networking more than doubles your chances of getting a job versus applying online alone.
Learn how to prepare for the interview and present yourself in a way that appeals to employers.
Learn about career exploration, how to find WIOA-approved programs, qualify for them and how to research the labor market. Only certified WIOA participants are eligible to apply for WIOA training dollars, but all are welcome to learn about how to research a career.
How to Register
- Click “Register Now”
- Then, select “search, register and pay for Non-Credit classes”
- Under Topic Code select “Career Connections"
Upcoming Information Sessions
- Wed, May 012:00 pm-4:00 pm
- Tue, May 142:00 pm-4:00 pm