Through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) program, we provide workforce development services to unemployed low-income adults and dislocated workers. Job seekers participating in this program are able to receive:
- Individualized case management, assessment, career planning, occupational training, job search and placement assistance
- Tuition, books and fees paid through a WIOA voucher
- Associate’s degree for in-demand occupations
- In-person and online classes that build foundational skills and prepare you for the industry or area of your interest
- Specialized certificate programs offering the opportunity to achieve a new skill set in a short period of time so you can start your new career faster
Focus your job search with FREE workshops from Career Connections!
Learn how the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) program helps low income and laid off workers get back to work. We’ll cover the eligibility requirements and expectations for participants and how the program helps you return to work, possibly including training.
Learn how to tailor your resume and cover letter with keywords from a description to get through the online application system.
Learn about optimizing your online brand while protecting your privacy. Find out how to build and use your network to get your resume into the hands of the hiring manager. Networking more than doubles your chances of getting a job versus applying online alone.
Learn how to prepare for the interview and present yourself in a way that appeals to employers.
Learn about career exploration, how to find WIOA-approved programs, qualify for them and how to research the labor market. Only certified WIOA participants are eligible to apply for WIOA training dollars, but all are welcome to learn about how to research a career.
- Accounting Assistant/Clerk Certificate
- Advanced Air Conditioning Tech Certificate
- Associate Database Administrator
- Automotive Service Technician
- Automotive Technology A.A.S.
- Basic Air Conditioning Technician
- Basic Nurse Assistant Certificate
- Caregiver/Home Health Aide (noncredit)
- CDL Basic
- CDL Plus
- Certified Logistics Associate Program
- Certified Logistics Technician Program
- Cisco Network Associate Certificate
- Cisco Network Professional Certificate
- Coding Specialist Certificate
- Computer and Local Area Network
- Computer Support Associate Certificate
- Computer Technician Certificate
- Current Nursing Practice Update (RN
Refresher course - noncredit)
- Database Administration Skills Certificate
- Dental Assisting Program (noncredit)
- Dialysis Technician (noncredit)
- E-Commerce Assistant Certificate
- Electronic Controls Technician Certificate
- Graphics and Desktop Publishing Certificate
- Health Information Technology A.A.S.
- Heating and Air Conditioning Certificate
- Human Resources Management A.A.S.
- Industrial Maintenance Technician
- Integrated Systems Technology A.A.S.
- IT Security Specialist A.A.S.
- LAN Technician Certificate
- Mechanical & Fluid Power Maintenance Certificate
- Medical Assistant Certificate
- Medical Billing Certificate
- Medical Secretary Certificate
- Microsoft Office Specialist Certificate
- Microsoft Professional Certificate
- Network Administrator Certificate
- Network Security Associate Certificate
- Nondestructive Testing (NDT) (noncredit)
- Nursing A.A.S.
- Pharmacy Technician (noncredit)
- Phlebotomy Certificate
- PLC Technician Certificate
- Program Management Certification Program (noncredit)
- Radiologic Technology A.A.S.
- Respiratory Therapy Technology A.A.S.
- Retail Management Certificate
- Stationary Engineer A.A.S.
- Supply Chain Management
- Website Designer Certificate
- Website Developer Certificate
- Welding, Combination Certificate