The purpose of the Alumni Hall of Fame is to recognize and honor alumni of Moraine Valley Community College who have made significant contributions in their professional endeavors and have excelled in their respective fields, community leadership, or have made a specific service or contribution to Moraine Valley Community College.
Eligibility for Nomination
- Nominees must have earned a degree or certificate, or have earned a minimum of 30 credit hours at Moraine Valley Community College.
- Nominees are eligible for consideration 10 years from the date of their last registered class.
- If selected, the nominee agrees to be present to accept the award at the Alumni Hall of Fame Reception to be held in March.
- If selected, the nominee agrees to return to campus at least once within the year, preferably the day of the Alumni Hall of Fame reception, (in addition to accepting the award) to be a guest speaker and/or participate in a student engagement activity, as well as participate in Alumni Hall of Fame publicity activities.
- There is no restriction on who may submit a nomination but a nominee must be nominated by someone other than himself or herself, and all nominations must be signed.
- A copy of the nominee’s recent resume must be attached. Please submit supporting materials, such as press releases, news clippings, website references, photographs, etc. that will assist the selection committee.
- Nomination form must be signed, completed and submitted by midnight on August 31.
- Nominations received after August 31 will be considered for the next year.
- Any nominees not selected will be considered for three years, after which the nomination must be resubmitted if not selected.
- Please inform the individual that you are nominating her/him.
Selection will be based on the following criteria.
- Achieved notable achievement in professional career
- Received recognition for contributions to his/her professional field
- Made an impact on the community through public service or community leadership
- Made an impact at Moraine Valley through volunteerism or other contributions to the college