Moraine Valley is located in Palos Hills, Illinois–a very pleasant, safe and peaceful residential suburb located approximately 20 kilometers from downtown Chicago, Illinois, the third largest city in the United States. The 294-acre campus is surrounded by beautifully landscaped and scenic nature areas, forest preserves, and residential family-oriented communities. The surrounding suburbs have urban conveniences such as parks, libraries, restaurants, movie theatres, shopping malls, banks, recreation and health facilities. The communities around Moraine Valley also offer numerous churches, an Islamic mosque, Buddhist and Hindu temples, and a large variety of multicultural resources, including, Arabian, Asian and other ethnic food stores. A public transportation system serves Palos Hills and the numerous suburban communities surrounding the Chicago area.
Palos Hills offers you a lovely environment to focus on your studies, along with the opportunity to enjoy the city on weekends or during free time.
Chicago Area Location
Chicago is a beautiful city with outstanding resources, beautiful scenery, cultural opportunities, a vast selection of colleges and universities, ethnic and cultural diversity, and an amazing array of recreational and entertainment possibilities. Some of Chicago’s advantages include:
- Spectacular architecture
- World-renowned sculpture
- Museums-Field Museum, Museum of Natural History, Museum of Science and Industry
- Art exhibits-Art Institute of Chicago, Museum of Contemporary Art
- World class performances-Lyric Opera, Chicago Symphony Orchestra
- Music-blues, jazz, classical, rock
- More than 50 colleges and universities
- Professional sports teams: Chicago Bulls basketball, Chicago Blackhawks hockey, Chicago Cubs and White Sox baseball, Chicago Bears football Outstanding restaurants
- Extraordinary shopping on “The Magnificent Mile” and other locations
- Invigorating night life
- On the shores of the great Lake Michigan
- Outdoor sports and fitness activities
- Climate in the Midwest
The Midwest and the Chicago area of the United States have four seasons and a variety of temperatures.
- Spring—March through June
Temperature: 50 to 70 degrees Fahrenheit (10 to 21C) Enjoy tennis, outdoor trails, biking, and outdoor theater.
- Summer—June through September
Temperature: 50 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit (10 to 32C) Enjoy beach life, swimming, sailing, in-line skating, festivals, and concerts.
- Fall—September through December
Temperature: 40 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit (5 to 26C)Enjoy nature trails, horseback riding, football, soccer, zoos, and hay rides.
- Winter—December through March
Temperature: 0 to 45 degrees Fahrenheit (-18 to 7C)Enjoy ice skating, cross-country skiing, toboggan sledding, and winter sports.