Recommend Moraine Valley Community College with confidence.
Having the right information at the right time makes all the difference. The following resources and links will assist you in answering your students’ vital questions.
Why do students choose Moraine Valley?
Student success is our No. 1 priority, and your students can pursue whatever their educational goals are right here.
- Prepare for an exciting career in two years or less.
- Complete the first two years of a bachelor’s degree while saving thousands of dollars.
- Seamlessly transfer to a four-year college or university.
- Learn from highly qualified instructors who are experts in their field.
- Train on industry-specific technology to master equipment used in the real world.
- Learn leadership skills and have fun in exciting extracurricular activities.
- And much more.
With our low annual tuition, Moraine Valley offers an exceptional value when compared to these popular Illinois institutions:
Moraine Valley $4,266
Columbia College Chicago $23,594
DePaul University $35,071
Illinois State University $12,830
Northern Illinois University $11,992
University of Illinois at Chicago $13,634
Application Fee Waiver Documentation
To qualify for a waiver of the $25 Admissions Application Fee, an individual must provide proof of financial hardship or record veteran information on their application (veteran or active). The following is a list of instances where a fee waiver can be granted. Economic need for waiver is defined as the following:
- Student has received or is eligible to receive an ACT or SAT testing fee waiver
- Student is enrolled in or eligible to participate in the Federal Free or Reduced Price Lunch program (FRPL).
- Student’s annual family income falls within the Income Eligibility Guidelines set by the USDA Food and Nutrition Service.
- Student is enrolled in a federal, state or local program that aids students from low income families (e.g., TRIO programs such as Upward Bound).
- Student’s family receives public assistance.
- Student lives in federally subsidized public housing, a foster home or is homeless.
- Student is a ward of the state or an orphan.
- Other request from high school principal, high school counselor, financial aid officer, or community leader.
- Returning students who have $0 expected family contribution (EFC) on FAFSA.
Application Fee Waiver Process:
- Download the application fee waiver form from the NACAC website.
- Complete the form with the appropriate high school official or provide appropriate documentation.
- Bring completed form to the Moraine Valley Admissions office and complete the application in the office. Admissions office is located in Building S, Room S101.
Please contact the Admissions office at 708-974-5355 or visit Admissions in Building S, Room S101 with questions.