Moraine Valley Community College and participating high schools enter into annual dual credit agreements for selected courses at free or reduced costs.
Transfer courses (i.e. COM-101, HIS-201, etc.) require a non-refundable fee.
Career and technical education courses (i.e. AUT-112, LAN-111, etc.) may be free or offered at a reduced cost to dual credit students.
Students who receive an “A” or “B” in the course will receive college credit on a Moraine Valley transcript once they have completed the online registration during the online registration period and have paid the applicable fee. Students whose grade is below a “B” will not receive college credit. No record of the course will be on the student’s Moraine Valley transcript.
Whether you attend Moraine Valley after your high school graduation, your Moraine Valley transcript reflects your dual credit courses and can be sent to any institution you attend. You can request an official transcript. If you want to look into where your credits will be accepted, contact Academic Advising to review transfer guides to four-year institutions or visit transfer.org.
View Your Credits
It’s easy to view the dual credit you have earned. Go to the MVConnect student portal. Use the Forgot your username option to find your username. Your password will be your 8-digit birth date (MMDDYYYY). Once you have signed onto the campus portal, look under Academic Profile for your transcript.
- Contact your high school counselor for student eligibility and dual credit course offerings.
- Complete Placement testing or submit appropriate ACT scores (if applicable)
- (Check to see if the dual credit course you wish to take has a prerequisite. For a list of these requirements go to the “Course Prerequisite” Tab on the left side of the screen. *Placement and submission of ACT scores must be submitted before registration can occur.)
- The online dual credit application must be completed during registration period. (Contact your high school counselor or instructor for dates/deadlines)
- Once the dual credit online application has been received and processed, you will receive a welcome letter in the mail that indicates, Student Identification number and a Moraine Valley student email address. Activate your Moraine Valley student email account and frequently check it to remain up to date on communication related to Moraine Valley. Check out the FAQ section for instructions on how to setup your email account.
- Pay for your dual credit course fees (if applicable) either online, in-person or by phone by the appropriate deadline.
Privacy and Payment
What is FERPA and how does it affect me?
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), as amended (also referred to as the Buckley Amendment), is a federal law regarding the privacy of student educational records and the access provided to these records. Any educational institution that receives funds under any program administered by the U.S. Secretary of Education is bound by FERPA requirements. Upon enrollment as a Moraine Valley Dual Credit and/or Dual Enrollment student, Moraine Valley will only communicate with the student regarding their educational records and billing information unless indicated on the Daul Credit online application.
How do I pay for Dual Credit/Dual Enrollment courses?
- Login to MVConnect.
- Enter user name and password.
- Navigate to the Pay on My Account page. (Self-Service Menu>Student Account Information>Pay on My Account)
- Student account balances paid in person can be made at the Cashier’s Office located on the 1st floor of Building S, Room S105. Checks should be made payable to Moraine Valley and include the student’s ID number.
Am I eligible for financial aid?
No. Dual Credit/Dual Enrollment students do not qualify for financial aid.
What are other ways in which I can earn college credit while still in high school?
The Advanced Placement (AP) program and the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) both allow students to gain college credit in various subject areas by successfully completing comprehensive examinations in those subjects.
Contact your high school counselor for more information.
|AP Exam Title||MVCC Course Equivalent(s)||Required Score||Credit Hours|
|Biology||BIO-111 and BIO-112||3||8|
|Calculus BC||MTH-150 and MTH-151||3||10|
|Chemistry||CHM-131 and CHM-132||4||4|
|Computer Science A||MIS-105||3||3|
|Computer Science A||CSC-140||4 or 5||3|
|English Language and Composition||COM-101 and COM-102||3||6|
|French Language and Culture||FRE-101 and FRE-102||3||8|
|German Language and Culture||GER-101||4||4|
|German Language and Culture||GER-101 and GER-102||5||8|
|Government and Politics: Comparative||PSC-215||3||3|
|Government and Politics: U. S.||PSC-110||3||3|
|Physics B||PHY-150 and PHY-151||4||8|
|Physics C-Electricity & Magnetism||PHY-204||4||4|
|Spanish Language||SPA-101 and SPA-102||3||8|
|Spanish Literature and Culture||SPA-101 and SPA-102||3||8|
|U.S. History||HIS-201 and HIS-202||3||6|