Recommended course for IC3 preparation: IMS-101. The IMS Department uses approved courseware to prepare students for testing.
For more information about testing at Moraine Valley, contact Dawn Patitucci at (708) 974-5706.
Procedures for testing
- Purchase a voucher. Add the discount code “HEDIL25D” at checkout. Bring your voucher number to your certification testing appointment.
- Schedule a certification exam with Testing Center at Moraine Valley Community College.
- Create a Certiport account. You must have a Certiport account prior to the certification testing. If you have taken Certiport certification exams previously, you have a Certiport account. Please bring your Certiport login information with you to your appointment.
- Obtain an Moraine Valley Photo ID. To obtain a photo ID bring your class schedule and a picture ID.
- Office Location: Building S, Student Services Center, S100 (outside Admissions).
- Telephone: (708) 974-5620.
- Mon.-Tues. 8:30 am – 7:30 pm.
- Wed.-Fri. 8:30 am – 5 pm.
- Hours vary during summer and when classes are not in session.
- Bring your Moraine Valley photo ID to your certification testing appointment.
- Report to the Testing Center in Building G, Room G231, 15 minutes prior to your appointment. Allow approximately 50 minutes for the certification testing. Cell phones, electronic devices, and personal belongings are not allowed in the Testing Center while taking an exam. Lockers will be provided to store student’s personal belongings.
- The proctoring and registration fees for non-Moraine Valley students is $28.50. This fee is charged at the end of the online registration process, see Step 2 above, to be paid for by credit card.
Certificates and Acclaim Badges (Proof of Certification)
Certificates – to see a copy of your certificate
- Go to certiport.com
- Click LOGIN
- Enter your username and password (same username and password used to create your Certiport account when taking the Certification Exam in the testing center)
- Click login
- Click the MYCERTIPORT tab
- Click My Transcript
- Click PDF next to the certification exam name to see a copy of your certificate
- Certificates – to provide access/share your certificate
- Go to verify.certiport.com
- Enter the Credential Identification Code found in the lower left corner of the certificate (transcript in the previous step)
- Click Verify
What is an Acclaim Badge
This digital badge, generated after successfully completing a certification exam, is a simple way for you to share a credential online. You can attach your badge to a website, email signature, or social network, and with one simple click, employers and other interested parties can easily view and verify your credential and the skills and experience required to earn it.
Create and Login to Your Acclaim Account
- Go to www.youracclaim.com
- Click on the round profile button in the upper right corner
- Click on Create an account or login
- When creating an account you must use the same username that was used for your Certiport account
- Password can be the same or different
- Once logged in you will see your Badge
- If you do not see your Badge or if you have an issue, call Customer Service at (888)999-9830 opt 1