The growing field of computer integrated technologies offers many career opportunities. Moraine Valley’s programs are designed to provide you with the skills and credentials needed to meet job market demands.
- Computer Graphics Imagery: includes computer graphics, design, animation and modeling; game design and character modeling classes
- Electronics and Integrated Systems: includes electronic and industrial controls; PLC, mechanical and fluid technology classes
- Geographic Information Systems: includes geospatial science and technology, data acquisition, and remote sensing classes
- Information Technology: includes computer, network and LAN classes
- Mechanical Design and CAD: includes design technology; 3-D, auto-, architectural, and mechanical computer-aided drafting and design classes
Center for Contemporary Technology
The Computer Integrated Technologies Department is located in the Center for Contemporary Technology, Building T, on the Palos Hills campus.
Our building features the Center for Systems Security and Information Assurance (CSSIA) and its virtual environment center, CompTIA and Cisco training labs, student computer labs, training classrooms and laboratories, student success offices and student lounges and study spaces.
Computer Integrated Technologies students have remote access to lab equipment and curriculum. Students can learn 24/7 on virtual machines, gaining experience with advanced software, servers and operating systems.
This real-world approach to learning provides students with greater efficiency and effectiveness. There is greater accessibility, allowing students to learn at any time or place. We provide opportunities for experimentation for mastery of basic and advanced IT concepts. There is also the chance to share equipment and resources, which are usually available to limited groups.
LAN students have access to tutoring services without leaving Building T. The LAN Tutoring Center, located in Room T703, assists students in core networking classes. Tutoring for other Computer Integrated Technologies programs can be arranged with an instructor. The college also offers tutoring and academic help for all courses.
Free Software and Discounted Testing
Upon enrolling in a CIT program, students are eligible for free, full versions of software programs, including Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Dreamspark, VMWare and Autodesk.
Students can take advantage of student-priced vouchers for certification exams. Moraine Valley is an authorized academy for many certification vendors, including CompTIA, Cisco, Autodesk and more.
The Computer Integrated Technologies Department can provide you with more information and answer any questions about the programs, degrees, certificates and courses.