- View Admission Standards for transfer students.
- View the Undergraduate Majors to learn more about Western’s programs of study.
- View the Transfer Checklist for information about important steps to complete to make a smooth transition from Moraine Valley to Western.
- Western Illinois University participates in the Compact Agreement with Moraine Valley. Completing an Associate in Arts (A.A.) or Associate in Science (A.S.) degree at Moraine Valley satisfies lower-division general education requirements and grant the student junior standing.
- Through Transferology, students can enter Moraine Valley courses into their profile under the “Courses” tab. Students can also enter test scores such as CLEP and AP. Once you build your course list, select “Search for Matches.” Type “Western” into the search bar. Select Western Illinois University. This will return a list of course equivalencies. To view how your courses will apply to a major, select “Apply Courses to a Program” on the right side of the page. Select your program of study from the list. Select “See how your courses might apply to this program.” A window will pop up asking, “Have you earned an applicable associates degree (AA or AS) from an Illinois public community college or other two-year school that participates in WIU’s Community College Compact (CCC) agreement?” If you play to complete your Associate in Arts or Science degree at Moraine Valley, answer “Yes.” The next screen asks: “Do you want to view how courses from another school might apply to this program?” Select “Yes” and pick Moraine Valley Community from the drop-down list. A box will pop up confirming your request. You may click on this box now or select the “Programs” tab in the menu near the top of the screen. If you see a spinning circle under “Status,” wait a few moments and refresh the page. Once you see a checkmark under “Status,” you may select the transfer guide under “Program.” This returns a transfer guide for your major displaying both Western’s course codes and Moraine Valley’s equivalencies. You can print this document and view it any time under the “Programs” tab in your Transferology account.
- To see how individual courses transfer from Moraine Valley to Western, view the Transfer Articulation Handbook.
- View and apply for Transfer Scholarship opportunities.
- Request additional information about Western Illinois University or schedule a visit.
The Transfer Agreement between Western Illinois University and Moraine Valley Community College can be located here.