- View general information for transfer students.
- Southern Illinois University at Carbondale participates in the Compact Agreement with Moraine Valley. Completing an Associate in Arts (A.A.) or Associate in Science (A.S.) degree at Moraine Valley satisfies lower-division general education requirements and grant the student junior standing.
- Select your intended major.
- Through Transferology, students can enter Moraine Valley courses into their profile under the “Courses” tab. Students can also enter test scores such as CLEP and AP. Once you build your course list, select “Search for Matches.” Type “Carbondale” into the search bar. Select Southern Illinois University Carbondale. This will return a list of course equivalencies. To view how your courses will apply to a major, select “Apply Courses to a Program” on the right side of the page. Select your program of study from the list. Select “See how your courses might apply to this program.” A box will pop up confirming your request. You may click on this box now or select the “Programs” tab in the menu near the top of the screen. If you see a spinning circle under “Status,” wait a few moments and refresh the page. Once you see a checkmark under “Status,” you may select the transfer guide under “Program.” This returns a list of courses for your selected major. You can print this document and view it any time under the “Programs” tab in your Transferology account. If you added courses to Transferology and they match courses in the course list you generated, they should automatically appear in your report. For all other courses, view a Transfer Course Equivalency Guide that displays how Moraine Valley courses transfer into Southern Illinois at Carbondale. You can use this guide to translate the remaining SIU Carbondale course codes into Moraine Valley course codes.
- In some cases, students can transfer their Associate of Applied Science degree from Moraine Valley into The Capstone Option program at Carbondale to complete their baccalaureate degree.
- Request additional information about Southern Illinois University at Carbondale.
The Transfer Agreement between Southern Illinois University at Carbondale and Moraine Valley Community College can be located here.