- View Columbia’s Transfer Policies including information about: maximum transfer credits, types of credit accepted (CLEP, AP, Life Experience, Military, etc.), the transfer credit evaluation process, curriculum guides, application deadlines, and the transfer application process.
- Students completing Moraine Valley’s Associate in Applied Science degree in Business Administration Associate or Marketing and Management can view select transfer guides into Columbia’s business majors.
- Through Transferology, students can enter Moraine Valley courses into their profile under the “Courses” tab. Students can also enter test scores such as CLEP and AP. Once you build your course list, select “Search for Matches.” Type “Columbia” into the search bar. Select Columbia College Chicago. This will return a list of course equivalencies.
- Columbia uses course codes that are strictly numeric. COM-101 at Moraine Valley transfer into Columbia as 52-1151, for example. You can then match these course codes with the curriculum guides under Columbia’s Transfer Tools.
- View the requirements of Columbia’s Core Curriculum. The requirements closely match Moraine Valley’s General Education Core Curriculum as outlined by the Educational Planning Guide (Associate in Arts | Associate in Science). Note that Columbia requires a course in literature and two courses in history, completion of six credits must be at the 200 level, and a Global Awareness (non-western) course. Non-western courses available at Moraine Valley are noted on the Educational Planning Guide by this symbol: (N). Columbia also requires an American Pluralism diversity course. Diversity courses available at Moraine Valley are noted on the Educational Planning Guide by this symbol: (D). To be certain that a course will transfer into these requirements, it is suggested that students verify their course selection with an admissions representative at Columbia College.
- View and apply for scholarship opportunities.
- Request additional information about Columbia College or schedule a visit.
The Transfer Agreement between Columbia College Chicago and Moraine Valley Community College can be located here.