The Institute for Higher Education Policy shared that, “TransferBOOST (Bachelor’s Opportunity Options that are Straightforward and Transparent) is a multi-year state-level initiative developed to provide students affordable, quality, well-supported two- to four-year pathways.” The TransferBOOST initiative in Illinois is a collaboration between the Institute for Higher Education Policy, HCM Strategists, Illinois Board of Higher Education, Illinois Community College Board, three public universities, and five community colleges.
TransferBOOST Participating Universities and Programs
Moraine Valley students interested in pursuing transfer through the TransferBOOST initiative should meet with an Academic Advisor for more information.
Governors State University TransferBOOST Initiative
Moraine Valley students can participate in guaranteed admission TransferBOOST opportunities through GSU by completing a qualifying Moraine Valley A.A.S. degree (see current programs below) and having a Moraine Valley cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher. Moraine Valley students who transfer to GSU under the TransferBOOST initiative and enroll in a minimum of 6 credit hours will receive a renewable $2,500 award per academic year. This award is in addition to other scholarships and financial aid offered by GSU. More details available at the GSU TransferBOOST webpage.
- Community Health from AAS in Radiologic Technology (Transfer Boost)
- Community Health from AAS in Respiratory Therapy (Transfer Boost)
- Early Childhood Education from AAS in Early Childhood Educator (Transfer Boost)
- Health Informatics from AAS in Health Information Technology (Transfer Boost)
- Information Technology from IT Security Specialist (Transfer Boost)
- Information Technology from Computer and Local Area Network Technology (Transfer Boost)
- Information Technology from AAS in Computer Information Systems Specialist (Transfer Boost)
Southern Illinois University at Carbondale “Saluki Step Ahead”
Transfer students do not have to relocate to Southern Illinois. Saluki Step Ahead allows students to apply to SIU early, secure a predetermined degree track, and complete a bachelor's degree all at a lower cost. Moraine Valley students completing a related Associate’s degree with a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA qualify for a $4,000 award for up to two years upon full-time enrollment at SIUC. Apply during your first year at community college to secure your spot in Saluki Step Ahead.
More information is available on the Saluki Step Ahead webpage.
Qualifying bachelor’s degree completion programs:
- Business Administration
- Criminology & Criminal Justice
- Health Care Management
- Radiologic Technology