Save thousands of dollars by earning an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing simultaneously. Students will enroll in 17-week courses at Moraine Valley and will add University of St. Francis courses on the back eight weeks of each semester. Students also will enroll in summer classes at USF and take an additional semester of USF classes after completing the associate degree.
Note: To participate in this program, you must first be accepted into Moraine Valley’s Nursing Program.
- Students must complete a USF online admission application for the RN-BSN program at least eight weeks before the semester they desire to commence this program.
- The USF admissions committee evaluates applicants under this agreement on the basis of their academic record. Cumulative grade point average, performance trends, strength of curriculum and performance in courses related to the intended area of study are considered for specific program admission.
- Applicants under this agreement must hold a 2.5 or better grade point average to be eligible for admission to USF.
- International students must demonstrate English language proficiency by TOEFL examination or have completed both COM-101 and COM-102 at MVCC with grades of B or higher to meet the English proficiency requirements of USF.
- Students transferring from MVCC to USF who meet application deadlines, academic and financial qualification that apply to all students, may be eligible for consideration for scholarships offered by USF.
- MVCC students accepted into the program will receive special tuition pricing of $299 per credit hour for the required 30 credit hours of BSN completion courses.
- To maximize consideration for need-based aid, students are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible.
- Students, and representatives from both institutions, must complete and submit to USF the Financial Aid Consortium Agreement Student Form
Registered Nurses wanting to earn a BSN
If you already are an RN, you can earn your bachelor’s degree in Nursing through this program. You will need to enroll in:
- 21 credit hours of general education courses at Moraine Valley
- 30 credit hours of online nursing classes at USF (reduced tuition cost of $299 for Moraine Valley nursing graduates)
Ask your questions about getting started in the dual enrollment program.