The Resource Development office initiates, facilitates, and expedites activities and processes to obtain external funding and other resources to further the college’s mission and strategic priorities.
To accomplish this mission, we will:
- Serve as an informational resource for external funding
- Stimulate interest among faculty and staff in the grants process
- Monitor legislation and appropriations that impact grant programs
- Maintain resource materials about funding agencies
- Provide assistance in the development, submission, and negotiation of proposal applications
- Conduct project planning sessions resulting in proposal development
- Coordinate internal review, approval, and signatures for proposals
- Work with local, state and federal agencies to secure funding
- Serve as liaison with external funding agencies and partners
- Facilitate identification of and agreements with project partners
- Provide grants management support to project directors
- Monitor project budgets and expenditures in conjunction with the Grant Manager, his/her supervisor and the Director, Grants Accounting and Compliance
- Evaluate the progress and impact of funded projects
- Maintain quality control in the entire grant endeavor
Each year, Moraine Valley faculty and staff create and implement grant-funded educational programs and services that benefit our students. The 2015-16 Grant Funding Summary provides a summary of the college’s grants.
To reach the Resource Development office, please contact Sharon Katterman at (708) 974-5205 or Theresa Pallanti at (708) 974-5532.
For Perkins Grant questions, please contact Corinne Johnston at (708) 974-5796.