Services and Programs
WIA Adult and Dislocated Worker Programs
Through the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) Program, our office provides workforce development services to unemployed low-income adults and dislocated workers.
WIA is a federally funded grant program that assists unemployed individuals in entering or returning to the workforce. To qualify, an applicant must meet eligibility and suitability criteria. It should be noted that WIA is not considered an entitlement.
There are two types of adult WIA services: adult and dislocated worker. Eligibility criteria differ, and an applicant need only meet one type of eligibility. In addition, applicants must be determined suitable for enrollment based on a thorough review during the intake process. Grant participants receive individualized case management, assessment, career planning, occupational training, and job search and placement assistance.
Vocational training programs are available after formal program enrollment and completion of an individual employment plan (IEP). While there is a wide range of training programs offered through the WIA grant, not every training program at Moraine Valley.
Training funds cover tuition, books, and fees, and is paid for through a WIA voucher. The amount of training funds is dependent on the wage levels of the occupation you are training for. Voucher amounts vary, are non-transferrable, and limited to $8,000, depending on the total training cost.
WIA Approved Training Programs at Moraine Valley
- Accounting Assistant/Clerk Certificate
- Architectural CAD Certificate
- Automotive Service Technician Certificate
- Basic Nurse Assistant Certificate
- Caregiver/Home Health Aide (course)
- Cisco Network Associate Certificate
- Cisco Network Professional Certificate
- Computer and Local Area Network Technician A.A.S.
- Computer Application Software (series of noncredit courses)
- Computer Support Associate Certificate
- Computer Technician Certificate
- Current Nursing Practice Update (RN Refresher course)
- E-Commerce Assistant Certificate
- Electronic Controls Technician Certificate
- Graphics and Desktop Publishing Certificate
- Health Information Technology A.A.S.
- Heating and Air Conditioning Certificate
- IT Security Specialist A.A.S.
- LAN Technician Certificate
- Marketing and Management A.A.S.
- Mechanical Drafting Associate A.A.S.
- Mechanical Design Associate Certificate
- Medical Assistant Certificate
- Medical Coding Specialist Certificate
- Meeting Planner Certificate
- Network Administrator Certificate
- Network Security Associate Certificate
- Nondestructive Testing (NDT) (course)
- Paraprofessional Educator A.A.S.
- Personal Computer Software Essentials (course)
- Pharmacy Technician (course)
- Phlebotomy Certificate
- Receptionist/Office Assistant Certificate
- Supply Chain Management (course)
- Website Designer Certificate
- Website Developer Certificate
- Welding, Combination Certificate
- 3-D CAD Specialist Certificate