These scholarships do not require proof of US citizenship or permanent status:
American Association of Hispanic Certified Public Accountants
100 N. Main Street, Suite 406
San Antonio TX 78205
FAX: (203) 259-2872
Private Illinois Colleges and Universities
In support of the organization’s mission, PICU will grant a minimum of two scholarships per term, one $1000 and one $500 award, to community college transfer students looking to achieve their educational goals at one of our member institutions.
All candidates must:
- Be currently enrolled in an Illinois community college seeking to earn their first baccalaureate degree.
- Complete a minimum of 30 credit hours at a community college.
- Submit an application for admission to one of the PICU member colleges or universities listed.
- Have a 3.0 Cumulative GPA or greater.
The following data are required from each candidate:
- • A completed application form with signed Scholarship Agreement and Information Release.
- A personal statement of 500-700 words telling the committee about your background, your educational goals and how this scholarship will help you achieve these goals.
- An official community college transcript.
Dec. 5, 2014 for spring semester/winter quarter 2015
June 5, 2015 for fall semester/quarter
All entry requirements should be submitted together in one package to:
Adrian Nelson - PICU Scholarship Chair
3424 S State St.
Chicago, IL 60616
University of St. Francis Transfer Scholarships & Grants
The University of St. Francis is committed to making quality, private higher education affordable.
- • At University of St. Francis, we provided our full-time undergraduate students with more than $16.7 million in University of St. Francis gift assistance for academic, athletic and need-based awards during 2013-2014; students also received more than $5.7 million in gift assistance from federal, state and other sources
- During 2013-2014 the average gift assistance package for a full-time transfer student was $14,843 of the $2.5 million dollars to full-time transfer students in gift assistance from all sources 65 percent came from University of St. Francis sources
- Most full-time transfer students qualify for federal, state and other assistance programs in combination with University Of St. Francis aid; in 2013-2014 this amounted to $2.5 million in gift assistance for transfer students.
- University Of St. Francis participates in all of the Veterans Administration Education Programs
- Chapter 30 (Montgomery GI Bill) Chapter 33
- (Post 9/11 GI Bill, including Yellow Ribbon)
- Chapter 1606 (Reserve Education Assistance Program)
- Chapter 32 (Post Vietnam ERA GI Bill)
- All students should apply using the Free Application for Federal Aid
(FAFSA) at fafsa.ed.gov
Scholarships and Grants
- The scholarships listed require that students be accepted to the University of St. Francis and enrolled full-time in a traditional undergraduate program.
- Scholarships and grants are renewable based on a student’s GPA at the University of St. Francis.
- Phi Theta Kappa, Transfer and the President’s Leadership Award may not be combined.
- Contact your Admission counselor to determine your eligibility for a scholarship or grant.
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
$8,500-$11,000 annually—be a member of PTK National Community College honor society.
$5,000-$7,000 annually (3.00-3.24 GPA)
$6,000-$9,000 annually (3.25-3.49 GPA)
$7,000-$10,000 annually (3.50-4.00 GPA)
President’s Leadership Scholarship
$4,000 annually (2.50-2.74 GPA)
$5,000 annually (2.75-2.99 GPA)
Duns Scotus Fellow Scholarship (Honors Program)
Additional $1,000 plus 10 percent discount for on-campus housing.
Interview and application required.
Biology Fellows Scholarship
Additional $3,000 annually. Awarded to select students majoring in the natural sciences with a minimum 3.25 GPA. Interview and application required.
Alumni Legacy Scholarship
$300-$700 annually. Relatives of alumni.
Leach Endowed Scholarship
Awards vary. Nursing major with demonstrated financial need.
Awards vary. Athletic scholarships may be given in conjunction with academic scholarships.
Private Illinois Colleges and Universities (PICU) Scholarship
$500-$1,000 one-time scholarship. Student must be enrolled in an Illinois community college, complete a minimum of 30 credit hours, have a 3.0 GPA and enroll in one of the 48 PICU member institutions. Offered every semester. picuonline.org/scholarships
University of St. Francis Music Scholarship
$100-$2,500 annually. Music Scholarships are available for students participating in the Schola Cantorum, the Singing Saints, and the Joliet Symphony Orchestra. Awards are given based on talent and financial need and an audition with the Music Department is required. Auditions are done during the Freshman Scholarship Competition or by appointment.
University of St. Francis Grant
Based upon financial need as determined by FAFSA and University of St. Francis awarding policy.
University of St. Francis Family Discount
Discount of 5 percent of full-time traditional undergraduate tuition. Available for immediate family members when two or more students are registered full-time in a traditional undergraduate full-tuition rate program.
Moraine Valley Community College Graduates
Trinity Christian College
15 Moraine Valley graduates receive renewable scholarship packages of at least $10,000.
- 3.3 cumulative GPA
- A.A. or A.S. from Moraine Valley
- Plan to enroll full time at Trinity Christian College
- Pursue bachelor’s degrees in
• criminal justice
• elementary education
• physical education (K-12)
Royce Osborn Minority Student Scholarship
This award is for U.S. minority college freshmen, sophomores and/or juniors pursuing a career in the radiologic sciences. Applicants must have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher in the radiologic sciences core curriculum.
Awarded by American Society of Radiologic Technologists Education and
Five $4,000 annual non-renewal awards. Previous awardees are eligible to apply; however, applicants are only eligible to win this scholarship twice. If the applicant is selected to receive a scholarship, the ASRT Education and Research Foundation will send scholarship funds directly to the applicant's college, university or medical institution by certified mail after May 1. Funds may be used as long as the recipient is continuously enrolled in a radiologic sciences program. If the recipient changes programs or withdraws, funds must be returned to the foundation by the college, university or medical institution. Applications will be available online beginning Nov. 1.
ACS Scholars Program
Freshmen, sophomores and/or junior minority students who have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher and plan to enroll full time are eligible for this award. Students must also be planning to pursue a career in the chemical sciences or chemical technology.
Awarded by American Chemical Society
Award Amount: $2,500 for college freshman, $3,000 for college sophomore, and $5,000 for college juniors and seniors renewable for up to three years. The amount of each individual award will depend upon the availability of funding and the number of scholarships awarded.
Approximately 100 awards offered annually.
Fiesta del Sol Guadalupe A. Reyes Scholarship
This award is for a Chicago Latino high school senior or college student who has a GPA of 2.5 or higher. Awarded by University Round Table. One $1,500 non-renewable award. Application Deadline: March 13, 2015
Bankrate Future Selfie Scholarship
This scholarship is available for U.S. high school and college students who are at least 17 years of age. To be considered, an applicant must submit a "selfie" photograph that depicts his or her imagined future and ideal career. Two awards of $1,000 and one award at $3,000. All awards are provided annually and are non-renewable. Application Deadline: October 31, 2014
Pursue Your Passion Scholarship
Awarded by Degreed.com. Twelve $1,000 annual awards.
Application Deadline: Oct. 31, 2014
Scholarships for African-Americans/Blacks
We have a series of books in Multicultural Student Affairs with information on scholarship opportunities. Stop by to look through them or to fill out a form to have a search done for you.
- Gates Millennium Scholars
- Financial aid application
- College Scholarships and Grants for Women