Having an intern helps you
- Assess potential employees without making a long-term commitment
- Meet short-term needs for extra assistance
- Obtain quality candidates for temporary or seasonal positions or projects
- Bring enthusiasm and current industry knowledge to your organization
- Increase visibility of your organization on campus
10 steps to having an intern at your worksite
- Send an online List an Internship request or print out and fax a completed List-an-Internship form.
- Contact Marie Harrell, Internship Manager, Job Resource Center, at (708) 974-5737.
- Internships are 150-225 hours in length (no more than 20 hours per week during the academic year) depending on the major of the student. Students are not allowed to work in a residential home-based business.
- Internships listing is posted online for 90 days once approved.
- Internship manager does not place or match students to internships.
- Students meet with the Internship manager after meeting minimum academic requirements (2.0 GPA or higher) and good student status, to discuss internships.
- Student will apply directly to the company offering the internship.
- Companies choose who they would like to interview and hire.
- Once a student is hired for your internship, inform the Internship Manager, sign the Memo of Understanding with the student to complete the goal section, and return it to the Internship Manager at 9000 W. College Parkway, S202, Palos Hills, IL 60465-2478.
- After the internship is completed, the supervisor should complete an evaluation of the intern and return to the Internship manager.
Job and Internship Fair: Fall and Spring Semester
Mock Interview Day: Fall and Spring Semester
Professional Internship Organizations
2013 Intern of the Year Award Nomination Requirements
Nominations will be accepted for the 2013 Moraine Valley Community College Intern of the Year Award starting Jan. 1, 2013.
- Moraine Valley Community College student who completed or is in process of completing
- an internship between July 1, 2012, and June 30, 2013.
- Completed nomination packet including nomination letter.
- Student may be nominated by an employer and/or a faculty member.
- March 2013
- Mail completed packet to
Job Resource Center
Attn: Internship Manager, JRC, S202
9000 West College Parkway
Palos Hills, IL 60465-2478
or fax to (708) 974-8772.