The Job Resource Center Internship Program at Moraine Valley provides current Moraine Valley students an opportunity to pursue a supervised short-term, real world, hands-on work experience during the summer, fall or spring semester.
Why should I participate in the Internship Program?
- Explore careers and make valuable contacts
- Gain industry specific experience
- Learn about yourself and the types of jobs that are available
- Earn college credit (where applicable)
- Enhance your resume with career-related experience
- Obtain quality candidates for short-term projects
- Bring enthusiasm and current industry knowledge to your organization
- Build a potential employee pool
- Have access to additional staff during peak business times
- Refer students for internship orientation
- Invite internship manager to speak in class
- Participate in internship events
- Connect employers with internship program
Student eligibility for Internship Program
- Current Moraine Valley student status
- Completed one academic college semester at Moraine Valley Community College
- Be in good academic (2.0 or better GPA) and good student standing
- Be legally eligible to work in the United States*
- Register on College Central Network
*The law requires employers to hire only individuals who may legally work in the United States: citizens and nationals of the United States, lawful permanent residents, and aliens authorized to work. To comply with the law, employers must verify the identity and employment authorization of each person they hire, complete and retain a Form I-9 for each employee, and refrain from discriminating against individuals on the basis of national origin or citizenship. (Source: Handbook for Employers, Instructions for Completing Form I-9, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, April 2009)
Tuesdays 3-4 p.m. To register, contact the Job Resource Center at (708) 974-5737.
Internship Manager's Appointment Hours
Hours vary. To schedule an appointment, contact the Job Resource Center at (708) 974-5737.
15-minute sessions. No appointment necessary; first-come, first-served.
Thursdays 9-11 a.m.
Not available on Jan. 23, Mar. 27, May 1.
To view internship listing details, students must be approved by the Internship Manager. Please make an appointment with the Internship Manager at the Job Resource Center at (708) 974-5737. Please see Job Seeker Registration Guide. You must register on College Central Network.