Microsoft Office Specialist Certification Testing
Visit the Microsoft Office Specialist Hall of Fame and add your name to the list of certified students!
MOS exams available
View skills and information for each exam.
|Word Core 2013||Excel Core 2013||PowerPoint Core 2013|
|Access Core 2013||Outlook Core 2013|
2013 Expert Exams
The $75 charge for each part.
|Microsoft office Specialist (MOS) Master Certifications (Expert)||
Word 2013 Expert Part One
Word 2013 Expert Part Two
Excel 2013 Expert Part One
Excel 2013 Expert Part Two
For more information, visit the Microsoft site or click on the following links:
- Assessments (good for one time only to assess your readiness)
- Computer Certifications Information
- What is Microsoft Office Specialist Certification?
- Notice! Help is not available while testing
Recommended courses for MOS preparation:
Students are encouraged to enroll in applications courses to prepare for certification testing. The IMS Department uses approved courseware to prepare students for testing.
|Word Core 2013
|Word Expert 2013
*IMS-115 is the prerequisite for OSA-116, 122, 145, 230, and 257. OSA-145 is the prerequisite for OSA-246.
For more information about testing at Moraine Valley, contact Carol Boyle at (708) 974-5444 or email@example.com.
Procedures for testing:
- All Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) exams are $75. This includes a free retake if you do not pass the test the first time. You have 30 days to attempt the test again.
- Determine the MOS test you wish to attempt. View all objectives of the test to certify that you are prepared to complete the test successfully. If you are not prepared to test, you may enroll in credit applications courses that will prepare you for certification testing. Contact Carol Boyle at (708) 974-5444 or firstname.lastname@example.org for course information.
- Call Testing Services Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at (708) 974-5309, and ask for Melissa to make an appointment for testing. Allow a minimum of one hour per test. If you have taken certification exams previously and were issued a username and password, please bring that information with you when you report for testing.
- When you report to Testing Services in B101 for testing, bring two forms of identification, one of which must be a photo ID. You may pay for the test with a personal check or money order made out to Moraine Valley Community College. Cell phones, pagers, and other electronic devices are not allowed in the Testing Center.
- Important! Individuals who are participating in any type of pre-paid promotion must pay a proctoring fee of $25 per testing appointment (check or money order) in addition to submitting a voucher for each test.
- Prepare for the test. Tests are approximately 45 minutes; please allow a minimum of one hour for the entire testing process. Report to B101 ten minutes before your test time. Visit Moraine Valley's Web site for directions to B101 and a campus map.
Procedures for requesting a transcript:
If you pass your MOS test (and we hope you do), you can view your test results, print a certificate, or request a printed certificate by following the steps below. You must know your username and password that you created when you took the certification test.
- Log in to your account at Certiport.
- CLICK My Transcript in the sub-navigation menu, to view your Digital Transcript.
- To the right-hand side of any certification you have earned, you will see three (3) hyperlink options available to you: PDF, XPS and Order Official Certificate.
- PDF ― This option allows you to open and print a PDF version of your certificate.
- XPS ― This option allows you to open and print a XPS version of your certificate.
(NOTE: If PDF or XPS readers are not installed, you will be prompted to install these readers in order to enable viewing mode.)
- Order Official Certificate ― Choosing this option allows you to order a personalized, professionally printed credential on fine stock paper via our e-commerce store.
- If you choose PDF or XPS, you will be presented with the printable image of your certificate, watermarked with the text, "Online Copy."
- Ensure your printer has the paper you desire in the printer tray and choose the Print icon to begin printing your Official Certificate. (NOTE: Before final printing, choose "Print Preview" to ensure your document will print appropriately.)