IC3 Certification Testing
Recommended course for IC3 preparation:
Students are encouraged to enroll in IMS-101, Introduction to Computer Systems. The IMS Department uses approved courseware to prepare students for testing.
For more information about testing at Moraine Valley, contact Dawn Patitucci at (708) 974-5706 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Procedures for testing:
- All IC3 exams are $30.
- Determine the IC3 test(s) you wish to attempt. Choose from the following:
- Computing Fundamentals
- Key Applications
- Living Online
- Call Testing Services Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at (708) 974-5309, and ask for Christine or Bob to make an appointment for testing. Allow a minimum of one hour per test. If you have taken Certiport exams previously and were issued a username and password, please bring that information with you when you report for testing.
- When you report to Testing Services in B101 for testing, bring two forms of identification, one of which must be a photo ID. You may pay for the test with a personal check or money order made out to Moraine Valley Community College. Cell phones, pagers, and other electronic devices are not allowed in the Testing Center.
- Important! Individuals who are participating in any type of pre-paid promotion must pay a proctoring fee of $25 per testing appointment (check or money order) in addition to submitting a voucher for each test.
- Tests are approximately 45 minutes; please allow a minimum of one hour for the entire testing process. Report to B101 ten minutes before your test time. Visit Moraine Valley's Web site for directions to B101 and a campus map.
Note: If you have not yet taken IMS-101, Introduction to Computer Systems, and you pass all three IC3 tests, you can apply for Proficiency Credit for IMS-101. There is a $25 charge to receive college credit. Contact Dawn Patitucci at email@example.com for more information.
Procedures for requesting a transcript:
If you pass your IC3 tests (and we hope you do), you can view your test results, print a certificate, or request a printed certificate by following the steps below. You must know your username and password that you created when you took the certification test.
- Log in to your account at Certiport.
- CLICK My Transcript in the sub-navigation menu, to view your Digital Transcript.
- To the right-hand side of any certification you have earned, you will see three (3) hyperlink options available to you: PDF, XPS and Order Official Certificate.
- PDF ― This option allows you to open and print a PDF version of your certificate.
- XPS ― This option allows you to open and print a XPS version of your certificate.
NOTE: If PDF or XPS readers are not installed, you will be prompted to install these readers in order to enable viewing mode.)
- Order Official Certificate ― Choosing this option allows you to order a personalized, professionally printed credential on fine stock paper via our e-commerce store.
- If you choose PDF or XPS, you will be presented with the printable image of your certificate, watermarked with the text, "Online Copy."
- To print the official certificate (without the "Online Copy" watermark) as a PDF or XPS file, you must CLICK the Print Official Certificate button found at the bottom of that page. This will redisplay your certificate without the watermark.
- Ensure your printer has the paper you desire in the printer tray and choose the Print icon to begin printing your Official Certificate. (NOTE: Before final printing, choose "Print Preview" to ensure your document will print appropriately.)