Rules and Regulations
- The fitness assessment must be completed within the first week of membership for each member. An assessment must be completed by all students/members. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- All members must check in at the Health Fitness Center desk, and must present a membership identification card before working out. Failure to have the proper ID will result in denial of workout. All IDs must be picked up after completed workout and member must check out. The Health Fitness Center will not hold IDs overnight. Lost membership cards must be replaced for a $5 fee at Photo ID Services, S100, in the Student Services Center. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Members must wear appropriate exercise attire at all times. A shirt must be worn to cover the upper body, shorts must be mid-thigh or longer; socks and athletic shoes are also required. The clothing must be for exercise purposes. Therefore, casual clothing is not allowed. No jeans, jean shorts, running shorts, or any article of clothing with zippers or rivets. No open-toed shoes, open-backed shoes, boots, sandals, or casual shoes are allowed. Failure to dress properly will result in denial to workout.
- Disrupting or interfering with the workout of another member is not allowed. Respect the rights of others by using courteous and appropriate behavior. Profanity is not allowed.
- Observe proper personal hygiene by showering regularly, wearing clean clothing and using deodorant.
- Members must wipe off all equipment after use. Members bring their own towels; the Health Fitness Center does not provide them.
- The Health Fitness Center is not responsible for lost or stolen personal items. Valuables should be secured in lockers. You must bring your own lock and remove it at the end of your workout. Items will not be held at the front desk. NO bags, coats or personal items are allowed in the fitness center or the dance studio.
- Except for capped water bottles, eating or drinking is prohibited. Please dispose of all trash in the proper bins outside of the fitness center.
- Slow down, clear and reset the cardiorespiratory machines for the next member. Keep all cardio workouts under 30 minutes maximum. Our treadmills are on a strict reservation schedule.
- All equipment must be used in accordance with the ACSM's fitness guidelines and must be used in the Center. Unless accompanied by an instructor, at no time is equipment allowed to be taken out of the facility.
- Compliance with free weights includes the following:
• Collars are to be used at all times to secure weights on bars. Our insurance requires it.
• Weight plates are not to be leaned against equipment standards and machines.
• After utilizing equipment, strip bars and return plates and dumbbells to proper storage areas.
• Members must use safety bars when using the squat racks, leg sled and Smith machine. Set the
safety bars about one inch lower than your lowest movement with the bar.
• Dumbbells and weight plates cannot be dropped on floor for any reason.
- Members should seek staff assistance for all spotting needs. THE HEALTH FITNESS CENTER DOES NOT WELCOME NOR PERMIT PERSONAL TRAINING BY PERSONAL TRAINERS.
- Only Fitness Center instructors are allowed to provide instruction on exercise technique or equipment preparation and adjustments. Instructors will assist members with first-time workouts and questions. They are NOT AVAILABLE for one-on-one personal training.
- Only fitness center instructors are allowed to provide instruction on exercise technique or equipment preparation and adjustments.
- The fitness center is only to be used by people with approved admittance. Members should refrain from prolonged socializing with non-members.
- All inquiries on membership refunds should be forwarded to the Registration Office. The Health Fitness Center does not issue refunds. Request for refunds can also be made to the Tuition Action Committee of the college.
- Fitness center participants should report all equipment malfunctions, personal injuries and specific concerns immediately to the staff.
- All participants are to comply with fitness center instructors' directives regarding enforcement of policies related to safety, programming, exercise techniques and policies.
- If any member or student violates any rule or regulation they will be subject
to the following procedure:
1. Verbal warning—
student/member will be informed by the Health Fitness staff members of any violation.
2. If a second warning is necessary, a written warning will be issued.
3. If a third warning is necessary, MEMBERSHIP WILL BE REVOKED WITHOUT REFUND.