Home | Class Schedule | Library | Campus Visit | Employment | Contact Us | Search  

Center for Teaching and Learning

About Us | Academics | Admissions/Registration | Resources | Student Activities | What's Happening

Center for Teaching and Learning


About the CTL


Faculty Resources

Staff Resources

 Crawley Leadership

Technology Resources

Instructional Design

Instructional Technology

Non-traditional Learning

Additional Resources







Faculty Resources--
Travel Guidelines & Off-Campus Conference, Seminar, or Workshop Forms

Moraine Valley travel guidelines have been revised. The one change that has been made is that an individual now has to give his/her personal charge card number for payment of airfare. This is what you need to do for reimbursement of your airfare:

  1. Send a check request with a copy of the reservation form that you receive from our travel person reflecting the cost and summary detail to accounting (if this is in regards to travel using Faculty Development, Center for Teaching and Learning, LRC or Title III monies, please return it to Nancy in L244).

  2. When you fill out your travel form for reimbursement be sure to include your boarding passes, as this will verify travel completed. If you do not include these, your reimbursement will be minus the refund that you received for airfare.

  3. Below is a copy of RECEIPTS REQUIRED approved on 1/8/03.

Receipts Required

  • Air Travel—Boarding Pass is required for all air travel reimbursement.  Credit card receipts and /or e-tickets are not acceptable to verify travel completion.

  • Car Rental—Allowed only when alternative ground transportation is not available.

  • Cab fares, limousines, and porters—Receipt requires.

  • Lodging—Receipt required

  • Parking and Tolls—Receipt required

  • Meals (including gratuities)—Receipt required

  • Business meeting expenses must include participants' names, affiliation, place of meeting and purpose.

  • Valet charges for extended stays (more than seven days)—Receipt required

  • Conference registration fee.

Copies of invoices, bills, receipts, etc., are not acceptable. Original documentation must be submitted to the college with the request for reimbursement.