Educational counseling helps students gain the skills needed to succeed in college. Students also have the opportunity to explore educational goals and develop skills to effectively manage time, reduce school anxiety, and therefore allow for the opportunity to build motivation and confidence in college. Educational workshops and counselor support enrich learning and student socialization experiences.
Some reasons a student might attend educational counseling:
- Explore educational goals
- Learn skills for success in college
- Develop skills for enhancing time management
- Reduce school anxiety
- Build motivation and confidence in college
- Discuss academic standing
Individual Educational Counseling
The counseling department offers educational counseling to students who have questions about how to be successful in their classes. This is not to be confused with choosing courses, which can be done in Academic Advising. To make an appointment with a counselor, please call (708) 974-5722.
- Personal and Academic Development Links
- Academic Skills Center/Tutoring
- Speaking & Writing Center
- Academic Success Checklist (PDF)
The CCDC also provides educational counseling for those who have been put on an academic restriction. If you have received a letter stating you are required to meet with a counselor for this reason, please call (708) 974-5722 for an appointment. For information about academic restriction please see the SOAP page in our 2013-2015 catalogue.