Moraine Valley Community College || Adjunct Faculty || FAQs


What is the policy regarding absences?
All adjunct faculty members will be entitled to two Paid Time Off (PTO) days per academic year (fall-spring). The two days may be used in either or both semesters. Adjunct faculty members are not entitled to a PTO day in the summer semester. For example, an adjunct faculty member could take one PTO day in the fall and a second PTO day in the spring or two PTO days in the fall and no days in the spring. Please refer to the adjunct handbook regarding this and other policies.

How do I request a classroom computer lab?
Classroom computer labs located in the following locations can be unlocked by support staff.

Building M—Email requests to Carole Simko at
Library—Contact the Reference Desk at (708) 974-5234. (Limited Availability)

Where do I find adjunct faculty support offices?
Office areas located in B244, C102, D108, D149, and F130 provide support services for adjunct faculty members.

Office: B240
Telephone: (708) 608-4420
Hours of Operation: Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m.–9 p.m.
Friday, 7:30 a.m.–7 p.m.
Saturday, 8 a.m.–1 p.m.

Office: C102
Telephone: (708) 608-4468
Hours of Operation: Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.–9 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.

Office: D108
Telephone: (708) 974-5631
Hours of Operation: Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m.–8:30 p.m.
Friday, 7:30 a.m.–5 p.m.

Office: D149
Telephone: (708) 608-4456
Hours of Operation: Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m.–8:30 p.m.
Friday, 7:30 a.m.–5 p.m.

Office: F228
Telephone: (708) 974-5637
Hours of Operation: Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m.–9 p.m.
Friday, 7:30 a.m.–5 p.m.

Where can I store my papers and books?
Lockers are available through your subdivision office on a first-come basis.

What is the process for handling student evaluations?
Adjunct faculty members should select a student in the class to administer the student evaluations. Once the evaluations have been completed, the designated student must return them to the subdivision office. If the subdivision office is closed, the student should return them to the Adjunct Faculty Center in B244. A minimum of one student evaluation is required for each of the fall and spring semesters.

For student evaluation of online course sections, notify Jane Anne Long, dean of Academic Development and Learning Resources, at and include the name of the course(s) and section(s) that will be evaluated.

What if a student is not on my roster?
Class rosters and Midterm Appointment Claims are distributed throughout the semester. If a student is not listed on your class roster, please send them to registration with a permission to enroll form. Students must be registered before the midterm date of class in order to receive credit for that class. Please refer to the back side of the Midterm Verification form and Final Grade sheet for additional information.

Do I need a photo ID?
Yes. Photo ID Services are located in the Building S, S100, (708) 974-5620. Adjunct Faculty should have a current photo ID. Photo IDs are issued by filling out the Adjunct Faculty Verification of Academic Contract. Validation stickers for updates are available each semester through your subdivision office. A Photo ID is needed to use the library and many of its services.

What is the policy on Cheating and Plagiarism?
Your policy on Academic Integrity in your classroom should be included in the syllabus which you distribute on the first day of class. Your department has a statement and policy regarding guidelines for syllabus language. A report form for Academic Dishonesty (student cheating or plagiarism) is available from your subdivision office.

Where would I go for Computer-Scored Examinations and Scantron Test Scoring Machine?
You can administer multiple-choice examinations and have them computer scored. To do so, order response sheets one day ahead of time from Information Technology in L 141 After the examination is given, leave the completed response sheets and the answer key with Information Systems. You can pick up the test results the next day.

If you need instant test scoring, this capability is available in the Academic Faculty Center in B240, in the Adjunct Office in D149C and C154. Forms for this service are available through your subdivision office.