General Education Assessment
During the spring 2012 semester, faculty teams developed scoring rubrics related to four of the college’s general education outcomes. During the fall 2012 semester, faculty will continue to use the general education rubrics across a variety of courses. The following links provide instructions and a copy of the rubric.
Although the rubrics were designed for the General Education Action Project, instructors may download and print these rubrics for their own grading purposes, too.
The rubrics are as follows:
- Written communication info sheet and rubric
- Speech communication info sheet and rubric
- Reading Info sheet and rubric
- Information literacy Info sheet and rubric
- Reasoning Info sheet and rubric
- Social responsibility/sustainability Info sheet and rubric
- Scientific awareness info sheet and rubric
Use the scoring sheets below to score students’ work according to the point range on the rubric.