Annual Assessment Fair
18th Annual Assessment Fair for Illinois Community Colleges: Assessing the Student Experience
Friday, Feb. 21, 2014
Moraine Valley Community College, in Palos Hills, Ill.
Building M, Moraine Business and Conference Center, Room M109
- Featuring keynote speaker
Jessica Oyler, M.A.
Student Affairs Assessment Coordinator, Weber State University
- Special Address from
Marilee Bresciani, Ph.D
Professor of Administration, Rehabilitation, and Postsecondary Education
San Diego State University
Breakout session presentations will cover assessment at the classroom, course, program and institutional levels. The fair also will host sessions on assessment in student affairs and student development.
- Breakout Session Schedule
- Breakout Session Presentation Descriptions
- Tentative Agenda
- Campus Map
- World Café
- Resource Exchange
$100 includes continental breakfast
Deadline: Feb. 7
Click here to register online and follow these instructions:
- On Welcome Guest screen, click on “Click Here” on the right side of the page.
- Click on Search, Register, and pay for Non-credit classes.
- Under Topic Code, choose Events, then click Submit.
- Check EV5-300-001 2014 Assessment Fair, then click Submit.
- Proceed to enter your registration and payment information.
Register by mail
- Complete and print this form.
- Mail form along with payment to
Moraine Valley Community College
ATTN: Catherine Dixon, D111
9000 West College Parkway
Palos Hills, IL 60465-2478
Call (708) 974-2110 to register by phone.
- Mention section EV5-300-001 to the registration representative.
When calling, please provide the following information:
- Date of Birth
Moraine Valley Employee Registration
- Moraine Valley Employees can register for the event by visiting or calling the Registration office. Please mention section number EV5-300-002. There is no registration fee for Moraine Valley employees.
8:00-8:45 a.m. Continental Breakfast
9:00-9:10 a.m. Welcome: Dr. Pamela Haney, Vice President, Academic Affairs
9:15-9:20 a.m. Introduction of Speaker: Gabe Estill, Director, Academic Assessment
9:20-9:40 a.m. Speaker : Dr. Marilee Bresciani, Professor of Postsecondary Educational
Leadership,San Diego State University
9:45-10:25 a.m. World Café
10:30-11:10 a.m. Breakout Session I
11:15-11:55 a.m. Breakout Session II
12:15-1:00 p.m. Keynote Address: Jessica Oyler, Student Affairs Assessment Coordinator,
Weber State University
1:15-1:55 p.m. Breakout Session III
2:00-2:40 p.m. Breakout Session IV
2:50-3:15 p.m. Closing Remarks: Gabe Estill, Director, Academic Assessment
Springhill Suites by Marriott/Burr Ridge
$119.00 per night + tax
Please call the hotel directly at (630) 323-7530 to take advantage of the group rate.
Group Name: Illinois Community College Assessment Fair
World Café workshop allows participants to move from table to table to discuss various assessment topics, including:
- General Education Assessment
- Student Affairs and Assessment
- Student Engagement and the Assessment Process
Vote for additional topics to be covered by clicking here.
Once the fair concludes, we will post an online resource bank where advertising materials, marketing pieces, templates, tools, and instruments can be shared. Please email electronic versions of the resources to firstname.lastname@example.org.