Classroom assessment provides the bedrock of daily, student-centered assessment at the college. Primary responsibility resides with the individual instructor, because he or she:
- Is the content specialist
- Is aware of the learning characteristics and needs of the students
- Creates a distinctive classroom environment that supports instructional strategies
- Brings unique strengths and emphases to the curriculum
- Engages with students in a variety of assessment techniques that emerge throughout the term
The college provides support for faculty in their classroom assessment efforts through professional development programs in the Center for Teaching and Learning.